What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original) Halloween Screening in Dallas (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The Inwood (Lovers Lane) will be showing a new 35mm print at midnight on the 31st. Director Tobe Hooper will be in attendance.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Lew, I edited the title to make it clear that this is the original film, not the just-released remake.

M.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Josh, I hate you. I wish you were still stuck back here in podunk Kansas, where you would have to do what I'm doing and be forced to drive an hour just to see the NEW TCM in a decent theater.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Are they gonna sell advance tickets? The only thing I've seen at the Inwood is Blair Witch. There have been some good films go through there, but I just haven't made it down.

David_Roberts

Auditioning
So did anyone attend this screening? I did and thought it was a great way to spend Halloween--in the presence of Tobe Hooper and viewing one of the greatest horror films of all time. It was actually the first time I've seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a movie theatre, as I was too young to see it in 1974. Hooper said he had been to a screening at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood three weeks ago, but the print in Dallas actually looked better. Hooper introduced the film beforehand and participated in an excellent Q&A afterwards whereupon he was mobbed by autograph seekers at the conclusion of the evening. As Joe Bob Briggs has said: “The Saw is King.”

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks