What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre SE(1974) defective? (1 Viewer)

Tom Martin

Stunt Coordinator
i bought a new copy of the special edition of the 1974 texas chainsaw massacre a few days ago. it supposedly didn't come out on it's original date in october due to some problem it had. well, i don't know what that problem was, but there still seems to be one. it looks to have been shot in 1.85:1 but it won't expand on my widescreen hdtv. it stays with the bars on top and below and looks squished! i have my dvd player set to 16x9 and i also tried it on letterbox and p&s mode. still the same result. this is the first widwscreen movie i've ever had this trouble with. anyone know anything about this?

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
I don't believe the new disc is 16x9 enhanced. The bars are going to be there unless you zoom in on the picture.

Marc_Savoie

Stunt Coordinator
It is indeed a non-anamorphic DVD, just like the first release. The black bars will thus stay there.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yep, non-anamorphic (or non "enhanced" if you like) just like the previous SE DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks