What's new

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 unrated. When? (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm a big fan of the above, and Anchor Bay released an uncut version with deleted scenes on VHS in R1 in the early 90's. I'd love to upgrade, but see no info on this coming out. I understand there is a theatrical cut out, possibly from MGM, but after watching the uncut version, there is no going back! I'd buy it bare bones if I could, but lets face it, Anchor Bay could could spiff this baby up. (like a commentary with Tobe Hooper and Dennis Hopper for starts, or how about "Leatherface" packaging, similar to the Evil Dead BOTD?)

I know alot of people think this was a giant step down from the first Texas, but come on! A more subversive and twisted horror movie than Texas 2 is hard to find!

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
The theatrical version is the unrated cut... It was never released with a rating to theaters (ahh, the good old days!). So feel safe in purchasing the MGM disc (as far as I'm aware though I'm pretty sure it doesn't contain the extras from the AB/Elite versions).

Edit: The MGM disc has an R rating on the cover but no reviews that I've seen mention it being cut at all... presumably just a mistake on MGMs part.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
the trailer even says it's UNRATED, so don't worry about that.

Like he said, don't expect the delted scenes though.

The trailer is on there though (despite that it's also on the VHS, and the TCM1 DVD too)

TedT

Second Unit
What an amazing movie. Easily the best of the bunch. It was sick, twisted, gory, and funny. Part one was just twisted and kind of funny. Parts 3 & 4 sucked, in my opinion.

I loved part 2 so much I even named my cat "Nubbins"!

Yeah, I'm wishing a better DVD of Part 2 would come out. I heard the version that's out now is a really bad transfer. Still, for $10, I may pick it up anyways, as my VHS tapes are getting kind of old.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Has any of you actually compared the 2? The Anchor Bay release was considerably different from previous Video releases (from both Cannon and MGM). It had some incredibly cool gore effects in it (Cowboy guy who name slipped my mind being found in the amusement park still alive after Leatherface cuts his face off for one!)

I'd hate to pick up the current disc and not have that on it. And it was cut back into the movie, not just a bonus deleted scene at the end. The packaging for the Anchor Bay video did call it Unrated and Uncensored.

I guess I should also mention that I'm talking R1.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
I watched the DVD at a friend's house and his DVD is the exact same as my Anchor Bay VHS Special Edition, just as the previous posters have said.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Looks like I'll be buying Texas 2! Thanks for the heads up Walt. The other posters mentioned it was unrated, but I pressumed it would be like the other VHS versions, as opposed to The SE VHS. Why did it get cut for Video, and not theatrically?

Of course, the week I buy it, Anchor Bay or some one else well announce a spiffed up edition!

How bad is the transfer?

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
It's actually a decent print and transfer. At $10-15 bucks you can't go wrong. Even if they re-release a SE, it's not that expensive a disc to kick yourself over.

I had a great time showing it to my wife! Ah, that look on her face was priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks