What's new

Tex Avery Cartoon Help? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Belfast

Stunt Coordinator
Hello guys. I need some help on a few Tex Avery cartoon shorts.

I cant remember the names of them, so I will give you a quick description.

1- A little criminal inside a prison breaks free and digs his way out into the Wardens office. He ends up inside the TV set and everytime the wardens changes channel the little guy acts out a differnt scene such as boxing etc.

2- Droopy, the one where the wolf trys to escape from Droopy and everywhere he goes Droopy shows up. Hell he even crossed the world via plane, trains and automobiles and droopy shows up no matter where he ended up.

I would love to know the names of these classic shorts and more importantly are they availible on DVD.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

Unfortunately, I am unaware of the specific title names. However, if you are aware of the Limewire P2P utility, there are quite an abundance of kind souls out there who have a bit of a selection of Tex Avery cartoons.

Goto:

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/home.shtml

and after install search for banned cartoons

The quality of the videos appear to be have been imported from the owners' vhs tapes.

Disclaimer is quit simple:
You, by the power of choice use said software at own discretion.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Ryan,

Cartoon #1 is: CELLBOUND (1955)
Cartoon #2 is: NORTHWEST HOUNDED POLICE (1946)

There is a French DVD set of Tex Avery cartoons that likely contains these two cartoons. I've heard that there are some shorts in that collection that were edited-for-content, but I doubt that CELLBOUND nor NORTHWEST HOUNDED POLICE would be cut, as they don't feature the sort of material that is usually edited in such cases.

Hopefully there will be one or more R1 Tex Avery DVD collections in the near future from Warner, and if so, I hope they'll be complete and un-edited, like the Looney Tunes collections have been.

MattHR

Screenwriter
1) "Cellbound" (1955)

2) "Dumb-Hounded" (1943). You may also be thinking of "Northwest Hounded Police" (1946) which is very similar, with Wolf escaping Droopy via planes, boat, etc.

Hope this helps.

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I hope someone gets to ask WB about any possible Tex Avery Collections during the upcoing chat. I don't think I'll be able to make it. :frowning:

JiM T

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks