Tetris Worlds Live

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by millercv, Jul 2, 2003.

1. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I've been a Tetris fan forever (who hasn't). I picked up Tetris Worlds when it came out for PS2 but hated it with a passion and got rid of it soon after.

I was a little irked when I saw it came w/ the second xbLive kit - you know Then noticed that they are selling the Live enabled version for under $20 now so I had to pick it up.

I must say I'm impressed - It handles online play quite well and can get quite competitive. There are a number of different modes to play even a "Lounge" mode where you just play normal basic Tetris yourself alongside others and chill - certainly it seems like a change of pace from the KILL, KILL, KILL of many other Live games.

Any other HTFers pick this one up yet?

2. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I picked it up yesterday "for the wife" and ended up playing it until one in the morning (with a little Midtown Madness thrown in for good measure). I do see a few other HTF'ers playing it online from time to time, so we aren't the only two, Chris! [​IMG]

3. Adam_Garris

Adam_Garris Supporting Actor

I picked up Tetris almost a week ago. It has been stealing more time from MM3 than I thought it would.

4. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I've been playing it online since I got my kit. I like it a lot. Plain ol' Tetris on Knock Out can get heated.

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I play it in the morning, afternoon and night :)

6. Leslie W

Leslie W Stunt Coordinator

It gets nasty.
    I LIKE IT!!!

7. Josh_SR

Josh_SR Stunt Coordinator

sup peeps.....

is the xbox tetris worlds progressive scan?

8. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Man this game is fun.
    The different modes confused the heck out of me, finally someone explained to me how to play square...and now i'm really really confused. that game is just a couple steps above where i'm at right now.
    I see ppl online a lot but it's hard to find them to join their game...then again only about two ppl on my friends list have this game.

9. millercv

millercv Second Unit

I couldn't figure out square myself when I was experimenting with it It seemed to be just about normal but a bonus if you clear out a square???? I donno. Feel free to add me to your friends list and we can try it [​IMG] Always nice to play against a HTFer

A lot of the modes just take reading the manual, playing and then re-reading the manual - finally got the hang of Fusion last night [​IMG]

10. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

Love this game, the first disk I put in these days, hoping another HTFer is playing. Not as much trash-talking amongst the unwashed masses as other titles. Feel free to add me to Friends list.

11. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

in the square game you're supposed to create a perfect four by four square.
    as in four boxes positioned perfectly
    four lines stacked on top of each other
    four l-pieces positioned to create a cube
    two lines and two cubes
    etc.
    once you create the square it will turn white (gold if it's the same piece four times) and when you clear the line it will cause even more havoc upon your teammate. The guy who taught me was the KO leader and absolutely amazed me. what a nice guy tho, one of the reasons the online experience far surpasses anything i coulda have imagined

12. Leslie W

Leslie W Stunt Coordinator

I was in a game with a kid who showed me how to Cascade the red & green pieces. I had gotten my lines from needing 25 to win down to 4. He still had 25 to go. He nailed his cascade set up and wiped the floor with me. I was shocked. He then showed me how to do it.
    So far I have come across some nice people playing.

13. Ray Warner

Ray Warner Stunt Coordinator

My fiancee played that game with something akin to religious fervor for three weeks straight, then stopped. If you see DeusJester on the ranking somewhere, that's her! Last time we checked, she was #6 overall.