Tetris (2023)

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Tetris (2023)

Genre: History, Drama

Director: Jon S. Baird

Cast: Taron Egerton, Nikita Efremov, Sofia Lebedeva, Anthony Boyle, Ben Miles, Ken Yamamura, Igor Grabuzov, Oleg Shtefanko, Ayane Nagabuchi, Rick Yune, Roger Allam, Toby Jones, Ieva Andrejevaitė, Matthew Marsh, Togo Igawa, Miles Barrow, Aaron Vodovoz, Polina Sulim

Release: 2023-03-15

Runtime: 120

Plot: In 1988, American video game salesman Henk Rogers discovers the video game Tetris . When he sets out to bring the game to the world, he enters a dangerous web of lies and corruption behind the Iron Curtain.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I've been a Tetris fanatic since 1989.
This is a dream come true! Can't wait to see it!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
This is great, I thought it's going to be like the other video game movies, Pixels, Angry Birds, ...

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
FqPLsvVX0AAn0en

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I watched this last night and quite liked it!

The movie requires a fairly hefty suspension of disbelief, but the underlying story is a pretty crazy real life tale so I didn't mind. The end result was very entertaining.

Taron Egerton has charisma for days and drives the entire movie. But the supporting cast is great, too.

The soundtrack was pumping and had a great Atmos mix.

The plot clips along with a runtime of under 2 hours. Like the overall plot, there is a bit of "fantasy" in how everything strings together, and definitely some time compression for dramatic effect. But, again, it's all in service a great story.

I'd watch this again if the mood struck and would buy it on physical media if the Apple Gods ever allowed (even importing like I had to do with CODA).

8/10

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I watched this last night and quite liked it!

The movie requires a fairly hefty suspension of disbelief, but the underlying story is a pretty crazy real life tale so I didn't mind. The end result was very entertaining.

Taron Egerton has charisma for days and drives the entire movie. But the supporting cast is great, too.

The soundtrack was pumping and had a great Atmos mix.

The plot clips along with a runtime of under 2 hours. Like the overall plot, there is a bit of "fantasy" in how everything strings together, and definitely some time compression for dramatic effect. But, again, it's all in service a great story.

I'd watch this again if the mood struck and would buy it on physical media if the Apple Gods ever allowed (even importing like I had to do with CODA).

8/10
Yep. I really enjoyed this as well.

The more I see Taron Egerton in things the more I’m convinced he would make a great MCU Wolverine. He got the acting chops, the physique, and charisma.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think this would be great casting.
He’d be great for any number of roles, but I think replacing Huge Jackman is a tall order. So someone like Egerton just seems to make sense to me.

BTW, the movie made me start playing Tetris again yesterday and damn is it addictive.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
The more I see Taron Egerton in things the more I’m convinced he would make a great MCU Wolverine. He got the acting chops, the physique, and charisma.

Had never seen this guy in anything until this week when I watched Black Bird. I immediately thought the exact same thing.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.