What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks last night. You know, it was enjoyable. I thought Theodore was so adorably cute. On the other hand, there was something strange-looking about Simon and Alvin -- the fur on their face didn't look quite right or something. The first half of the film setting up how they meet Dave was better than after they become stars, though.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I want to see it mostly just because David Cross is in it. Between him and Jason Lee, it should have at least 3 laughs in it. :P

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Steve Christou said:
htf_imgcache_28391.jpeg
Steve, isn't this the one about the giant Dill Pickle who washes up at a bikini car-wash...on the beach?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Elijah and the Chipmunks? Whaaat? Elizabeth say it isn't so! I like animation but it's a little too cute for me... psst btw I'm looking forward to Kung Fu Panda. ;)
Hey Elijah, how long has it been dude? How are ya? Yeah I've been ripping the shots out of movie trailers, someone has to! Here's another one -
htf_imgcache_28394.jpeg

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Steve Christou said:
Elijah and the Chipmunks? Whaaat? Elizabeth say it isn't so! I like animation but it's a little too cute for me... psst btw I'm looking forward to Kung Fu Panda. ;)
Hey Elijah, how long has it been dude? How are ya? Yeah I've been ripping the shots out of movie trailers, someone has to! Here's another one -
htf_imgcache_28394.jpeg
Yeah, its been too long. Glad to see your still holdin the place down with the screenshots.
IronMan?
Definitely looking forward to seeing this one. Hes got potential to be one of the coolest comic heroes on the big-screen if they pull it off right.
I've actually seen more in the theater this year than I have in a while. Catch me up on what you thought of these:
Transformers
I Am Legend
AVP Requiem
Cloverfield
Any other testy/steve goings-on that I should know about.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Steve Christou said:
I'm really relieved to see winky.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I always make sure mr.winky appears when needed Elizabeth, it hasn't let me down yet. ;)
Elijah said:
IronMan?
Definitely looking forward to seeing this one. Hes got potential to be one of the coolest comic heroes on the big-screen if they pull it off right.
I've actually seen more in the theater this year than I have in a while. Catch me up on what you thought of these:
Transformers
I Am Legend
AVP Requiem
Cloverfield
htf_imgcache_28401.jpeg

It was Iron Man, well done Elijah. I'm looking forward to it too, the new trailer was kick ass even if it does give away the entire plot in 2 minutes of film.
Loved Transformers, one of my fun faves of last year. The best thing about I Am Legend was Will Smith, the cgi vampires were a huge mistake they never looked remotely real, Chuck Heston's Omega Man still rules. AVP Requiem was a bloodthirsty sequel but looked so darn cheap, I actually prefer the previous one. Cloverfield might have been really good if the camera stopped shaking for just a few minutes, a waste of a good monster.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd argue that Vincent Prices "Last Man On Earth" totally owns all the "I Am Legend" films! So bleak! so good! So Vincent Pricey! XD
Transformers - A real shit sandwich of a film
I Am Legend - A grilled cheese sandwich of a film, with a bit of shit on the side since the ending(s) sucked.
AVP Requiem - A ham and cheese sandwich that makes you feel a little ripped off since it's such a cheap sandwich.
Cloverfield - What Steve said. PLus none of the characters were likeable. A bunch of rich kid douche bags, who cares if they get eaten?!?!? I did like the way it was done though, the set up of the premise.
I'm looking forward to pretty near every comic booked movie coming out this year, they all look really really good. Except WANTED. They cleaned that one up, it's going to be a bit shit. They shoulda stuck to the book. First half of that series was just so plain wrong, it was amazing.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Well Russle I haven't read the Wanted comic book so I'll probably like the film a lot more than your average comic book fanatic. ;) Enjoyed the new Wanted trailer, lots of action, crazy stunts, are they trying to out do Bond? Jolie looks a little too thin though.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I liked The Host quite a bit, I saw it long before the US release. I remember mentioning it here on the forum and no one knew what I was talking about. It's not perfect, the actors over emote madly as they tend to do in foreign flicks [oooh Steve you bad!] but the computer generated beastie is beautifully rendered (apart from some shaky effects near the finish) and the first 15 minutes is better than all 80mins of Cloverfield. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I just picked up the Host, but since it's one of those you have toread... I haven't watched it yet. :P
Jsut go "No country For Old Men". I watched it on the flight back, want to watch it properly. the 11" screen and headphones probably didn't do it justice, but I did love it regardless. :emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Just got through watching my Sneakers and The Untouchables on HD DVD this weekend. I didn't have a copy of either on SD DVD so it was not only good to see them again but to see them done so well in HD. I had forgotten how dated the computer machines they were using were in Sneakers.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Parker Clack said:
I too watched my HDDVD of The Untouchables. Looks fantastic compared to the SCE SDDVD. I'll be upgrading my Collector's Edition SDDVD of SNEAKERS to the HDDVD one soon. Prolly in my next group of orders. Too bad I wanted a sequel and it won't happen. RIP River.:frowning:

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Sneakers is a fine movie. Russ...how can YOU, yes, YOU, of all people think Transformers was a shite sandwich! Its a masterpiece! Speaking of...i would shit if i could find the score! That damn thing has dropped off the face of the earth! No, i dont think i want to pay $90 for it. It cant be that rare...yet.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
That's why I hate Transformers so much!! Okay, maybe not HATE, but really, I should love that movie, and I do actually enjoy movies admittedly more crap production wise... but I've tore it up enough in testyland already. :P

Elijah

Supporting Actor
Just got through watching my Sneakers and The Untouchables on HD DVD this weekend. I didn't have a copy of either on SD DVD so it was not only good to see them again but to see them done so well in HD. I had forgotten how dated the computer machines they were using were in Sneakers.
I just watched Sneakers last night with a bunch of friends (SE SD-DVD) :emoji_thumbsup: One of them said of the computers and cutting edge tech you see throughout the movie; "Its like a technology time-capsule". Its fun watching a movie that you know reeeealy well with others who are seeing it for the first time and watching their reactions.
Every time I watch it (no matter how often) it re-affirms its permanent place in my TOP-10.
I also realized it ranks in my Top-5 most frequently quoted movies
(not in order)
1. Sneakers
2. Ghostbusters
3. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
4. Big Trouble In Little China
5. Braveheart/any given Schwarzenegger movie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.