What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Gaah tarantulas! Brrr! I hate insects Parker, flying crawling whatever. Now pay attention class, for those few who don't know, spiders are not... insects [gasps!] they're arachnids, eight-legged beasties, insects have six legs.
Anyway I have arachnophobia something bad, just recently a fairly big spider was crawling along the carpet while I was watching tv, and Sandra who usually gets rid of them for me [you big pussy Steve!], was out with friends, and here I was face to face with the scariest, most deadly critter known to man! I threw a magazine at it, missed, the spider started crawling up the wall, it was heading for my dvds, oh jeez no! Not my precioussss dvds! Picked up the magazine, heart-pounding I got as close as I can get to the monster and gave it a really good whack!
Sandra comes home sees me sweating and shaking, wondering whats wrong, I point to the remains of my enemy, she laughs of course.
And that's the end of my man vs spider story.:eek:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Enough already with hairballs, Harleys & spiders! More about Wankels, Big Johnsons and Fluff Pumps!
V229635.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
One of these has taken up residence just outside my front door:
Argiope_ocyaloides_F2012.jpg

:eek:
It's one of the biggest spiders I've ever seen around here. Though I hate spiders, I must admit some fascination with the web weaving process. She's built at least two new webs this week alone.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I don't even like to see pictures of them. And Steve my wife has to kill them for me too. And she too laughs when she has to.
Now back to the business at hand..Of course women and spiders are a lot a like. They can weave up some very pretty webs to get us stuck into with.
V232108.jpg

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
testing a problem I am having on the TV forum with my posts going to the forum head and not the thread.
I see I have instead found the Lunatic Fringe. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Malcolm that is a gorgeous Orb!
Zen those aren't the usual 'orbs' we enjoy staring at in testy.;)
Parker I won't even go near a dead spider, Sandy goes to pick it up with a piece of paper and I'm already out the room, hiding and whimpering in the bathroom.:laugh:
She's terrified of mice though for some reason, mice don't bother me at all, so it evens out in the end.:emoji_thumbsup:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Zen those aren't the usual 'orbs' we enjoy staring at in testy
"Orbs!"
"Goozongas!"
So it's safe to say Steve's finesse phase has run its' course. :D
One of our Mexican-American technicians that usually plays this wonderful ranchera music outside my window, is on vacation. His temp has played oldies ALL WEEK LONG! I am cutsied out :angry:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
This is my new utility truck that I use at my dealership. This thing is butt-ugly.
LU_stakebeds_ladderrack_9.jpg

You should see the looks I get taking this monster through the the drive-thru. We did a mod on the controller and gears. It goes 37-39mph. Sounds like it is straight out of Blade Runner.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ever have the Monte Christo(u) sandwich at Bennigans?
food_montecristo.jpg

The Monte Cristo
This sandwich is stacked with ham, turkey, and Swiss and American cheeses on wheat bread, then battered and fried ’til golden. Dusted with powdered sugar and accompanied by red raspberry preserves for dipping.
Mmmmmm mmmmmmm good! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to stop and say hello.

Also, I like spiders. When I see one in the house, I usually scoop the fella up and take him outside to be in his natural element. Inside the house, he could get too severe a lesson in natural selection thanks to Attila (who just loves little crawling things).

I'm not making this up: A few months ago, I had started the shower without realizing a spider was trapped inside the tub. I was too late in my rescue attempt and the thing died. I was actually sad for a few hours.

There's something about spiders I like.

Users who are viewing this thread