Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
ChristopherDAC said:
An Irishman walks out of a bar.
LOL That is funny, because i see the humor in it! It would never happen!
Hey Russ, what site are you a mod. I would love to join. Always wanted to say all Canadians must die!!!! :P
You know i am almost Canadian myself. My mom is from Minnesota, so is my ex, and i lived there for 2 years.
I just got back from spending 4 hours at Best Buy. Doing some TH work for a friend. She has deep pockets but doesnt want to be bothered with the hassel of getting stuff. So she asked me. Sure, i will spend her money. The guys at Magnolia in BB were really good to me. They seemed to know their stuff, and what one didnt know another would. It was fun, but i was getting tired by the end. Still need to show my friend what i think she should buy.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
RickER said:
Hey Russ, what site are you a mod. I would love to join. Always wanted to say all Canadians must die!!!! :P
You know i am almost Canadian myself. My mom is from Minnesota, so is my ex, and i lived there for 2 years.
Ha ha. It's actually an English site, and it's a cult, so you know, you might not want to join. :P
And you do know that Minnesota is in the US right? ;)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
mum bum zed (for the letter z) and ending a sentence in "eh?"

Got to love them Canadians.

As Trimph the insult Dog said while in Canada

"Hey I know something in French! I surrender!"

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yer bloomin' arse! Alfred Doolittle Rick, Alfred. :P
So whats new, anybody been to the cinema lately? I can't remember the last time we went, there hasn't been much worth seeing here on the big big screen. Ironic considering this summer broke box office records. :)
Here's the top 14 movies so far this year, Worldwide Grosses.
Good to see next years Oscar frontrunners Ghost Rider and FF2 doing so well, and I expect the stars of Wild Hogs will all be up for richly deserved acting noms early next year with a possible nod for best director too. Yay 300! Can't wait for the sequel - 300,000. Spider-Man III has beaten previous entries in the series and will surely get an even nuttier sequel featuring at least 7 or 8 villains this time and more sobbing from Peter! [bites fist]

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I didn't get to the ciniema this week. maybe next week if "War" makes an appearance at the cheap-o place. I saw the trailer for the new Cronenberg film, and it was a doozy! Russian Ganngsters in London or something? Gots Viggo in it, can't remember the name. :P

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Really Russle I want to see it! And it might be called "Russian Ganngsters in London"? I love that title! Viggo was great in Cronenbergs History of Violence. If they remake Death Wish, get Viggo! :)
Btw Russ, I was right about Hanzo and Zatoichi played by the same actor, you threw that hissy sorry sissy fit for nothing. Someone else was in the Lone Cub and Wolf series.[Rustle gestures obscenely]

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve Christou said:
Btw Russ, I was right about Hanzo and Zatoichi played by the same actor, you threw that hissy sorry sissy fit for nothing. Someone else was in the Lone Cub and Wolf series.[Rustle gestures obscenely]
Shintarô Katsu = Zatoichi
Tomisaburo Wakayama = Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf.
Katsu produced both of them :P
Wait, I'm on the crack. I think your right Christou.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm miffed. look at this:
Guy who played lone wolf:
htf_imgcache_12738.jpeg

Zaitochi:
htf_imgcache_12739.gif

Hanzo:
htf_imgcache_12740.jpeg

Hanzo looks like Lone wolf, not Zatoichi. Could IMDB be wrong?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
An easy mistake to make Russ, when I was doing the subtitles for The Mysterians I gave each Japanese actor common English names like Bob and Dave as a joke, but halfway thru the film I forgot who was Dave and who was Bob, they all looked pretty similar to me, so by the time the film finished Dave became Bob and I think one of the aliens became Dave, Russ? [Russle shoots monitor]

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm totally baffled. What got me mixed up was I remember reading an artical in "PULP" about the (then) upcoming "Lone Wolf" DVDs, and they made mention of the gonzo Hanzos. So I blame a defunt comic book ANTHOLOGY. :p
I really need a copy of your mysterians Christou. How can we make this happen?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
If it's still around it's in one of my cd/dvd tubs Russ, problem is I have about 60 tubs of discs to sift thru, and I'm a lazy fooker. But I'll have a look this weekend. It was an avi, not even sure if it was in sync.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I watched The Mysterians last weekend Steve. Your right, not a bad little film, for what it is anyway. It does make a good double feater with Monster Zero.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Steve Christou said:
Really Russle I want to see it! And it might be called "Russian Ganngsters in London"? I love that title! Viggo was great in Cronenbergs History of Violence. If they remake Death Wish, get Viggo! :)
They already got Kevin Bacon. I thought from the "Death Sentence" trailer that it seemed like "Death Wish", and I guess it is -- both films credit the Brian Garfield novel.
Hey, I saw Dog Soldiers last night. A little detour from my artsy French films. Man, it was kind of silly. The werewolves looked so hokey sometimes, and cute like wolves at other times. And it's amazing that they are scared of camera flashes over and over again. It was a little gross since I was eating dinner, but very predictable. (And there is Lucius from "Rome" again. . .)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I liked Dog soldiers, but didn't think it the greatest werewolf movie, like some of my friends and others hyped it to be. There seems to be a thing here where if a film comes from England, it's instantly great (don't start Steve....;) )
that said, I really loved Decent. Man, those movies from England are just great huh?
I'd like to see matthew Mcconaughey in Death Wish. Hear me out! See, he's all goofy and "Ga HAAA! Look at me! I'm from Texas Derp WAHOOO!" then his daughter and wife get raped into comas and he gets all quiet and bonkers and starts beating the crap out of people. And because it's Derpy Matthew, that transformation would be REALLY REALLY scary, cause he wouldn't be the Texas "GAWWW SHUCKS" goof ball. I'm telling you, it would work.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have said more than once i like Dog Soldiers. Its better than it should be, and for the buget it was made on. 90% of the people i know have never even heard of it. Course i love The Decent.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I loved Dog Soldiers! So British, love the accents "wankers!", "bollocks!" and the fact it was made for about £50 in someone's backyard, perfect! One of the best bits, when Sean Pertwee had his stomach ripped open, screaming in agony as the bloody dog starts tugging at his intestines, gaah! Sick British humour, niiice. The Descent was good too, same director. :emoji_thumbsup:
Just watched a pretty good Japanese horror Gin Gwai aka The Eye, A blind girl gets a cornea transplant so that she would be able to see again, but the downside is she also see's dead people, ghostly apparitions and possibly the grim reaper too. Quite creepy in the Ring/Grudge vein and the climax was pretty spectacular. Directed by the Pang brothers who made their American debut with another ghostly film The Messengers earlier this year, filmed in Canada the spooky film had its moments but was disappointing.
Just found out there was a sequel to The Eye, must check it out and what's this, coming soon.... the inevitable American remake... starring Jessica Alba, tsk tsk. :)
htf_imgcache_12772.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.