What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
nice screen grabs and cools story Rick!
HAve a mentioned I bumped in Tommy Chong once? It did dawn on me who i was till after he was down the mall a bit.
Okay, not as cool as rick, but it's all I got. :P
Best news about Paramount going HD exclusive? It supposedly put Michael Bays panties in knot, so he's declared that he wont be doing Transformers 2. THERE IS A GOD!!! XD

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Russell G said:
HAve a mentioned I bumped in Tommy Chong once? It did dawn on me who i was till after he was down the mall a bit.
Did you run after him saying. . ."Oh, I remembered -- I'm Russell!!!!!!!) :D
I saw Jack Lord at the shopping mall a long time ago. . . Have seen Dominic Monaghan, Josh Holloway, Jorge Garcia, Michael Emerson, and Henry Ian Cusick all from "Lost". . . Got my photo taken with Henry -- he was very nice. :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Elizabeth S said:
Did you run after him saying. . ."Oh, I remembered -- I'm Russell!!!!!!!) :D
:laugh:
By the way, Russell, what's that "XD" business all about? I guess I'm not as hip to this fancy internet lingo thing as I thought I was.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Memory lapse Russ? ;)
Well I haven't had my photo taken with any celebs but I did literally bump into Joss Ackland once, nearly knocking him over. Walking in Soho's red light district many years ago, he just grumbled and walked off I wasn't about to ask for his autograph, but I was tempted to shout "diplomatic immunity!".
Veteran British actor Joss played a villainous South African diplomat in Lethal Weapon 2. He'll be 80 next year and still acting. Hmmm what was he doing walking around the red light district... wait a min... what was I doing there [bites fist]. :D
htf_imgcache_12096.jpeg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
see? thats what happens when I come online after the gym! my sloppy typing becomes dyslexic. I can't even make sense of that post!!
HAGGAI said:
By the way, Russell, what's that "XD" business all about? I guess I'm not as hip to this fancy internet lingo thing as I thought I was.
Sorry! it's a super smiley, like, your so smiley your eyes got squinty. Most of the emotocons default to cute graphics on here, but not that one. Here they are, (I put spaces between the smilies so you can see how I typed them)
: ) :) Standard smiley
: D :D Big smiley
XD So big your eyes squint.
Make sense? I rarely add smilies and such from the pull down menu, I type like a 12 year old girl and put :P :) :D all pretty much automatically after each sentance. :D
Anyone see this?
htf_imgcache_12097.jpeg

Saw it on Amazon for $13.99. it includes the silent version as well as the 1960's one with Claude rains. I think this is the one with the lizards made up to look like dinosaurs. I still can't get "Night Of the Lupus" with the giant bunnies running about out of my head, so this one might be fun. Anyone know if I'm making a huge mistake ordering it?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I liked it Russwell, but than I also liked FF2 and Ghost Rider. :P
I'll probably buy that dvd eventually though I already have the 1925 version on dvd, with commentary and a couple of music only tracks! Good that what? "music only tracks" the films a silent, remember? [sniggers] :D
"The world will be destroyed in a rain of fire. It is written."
I'm watching yet another weird movie - Holocaust 2000 - anyone? Kirk Douglas stars in an Italian horror Omen-wannabe made in 1978. "An executive in charge of a Middle Eastern nuclear plant discovers that his son is the Anti Christ and sets out to stop him from using the nuclear power at his fingertips to wipe out mankind." It's pretty awful so far but strangely watchable... I have to see it through to the end! [bites nails] :P
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - You can't accuse "Shoot 'Em Up" of not living up to its billing. This ramped-up action movie on steroids essentially consists of one over-the-top shootout after the other, including one taking place during sexual intercourse and another while skydiving. Anyone looking for subtlety, character development or layered plotting will be disappointed, but action fans will find plenty to amuse them with this film that makes "Hard-Boiled" look restrained.
Clive Owen stars as the aptly named, enigmatic Smith, who is first seen minding his own business while munching on a carrot at a bus stop. But when he sees a hugely pregnant woman being pursued by murderous gunmen, his sense of gentlemanliness kicks in. Armed only with the aforementioned vegetable, he intervenes.
In the midst of the ensuing action, he actually stops to deliver the woman's baby in a bit of particularly violent midwifery. Unfortunately, while the infant survives, the mother doesn't, and Smith and the baby are hunted by a gang of assassins led by the scowling and henpecked Hertz (Paul Giamatti), who frequently interrupts his efforts in order to take phone calls from his annoyed wife.
Enlisting the help of a beautiful and maternal prostitute named DQ (Monica Bellucci), Smith attempts to keep his makeshift family safe while trying to figure out why Hertz is so determined to kill the infant.
It's all very silly, but also undeniably fun, aided greatly by the charismatic presences of the two actors. The brooding Owen, playing the role like a low-rent James Bond, clearly is having a great time despite his ever-deadpan facial expressions. And it's a real kick watching the nerdy Giamatti kicking ass in a hilarious alpha-male departure from his usual screen persona.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Shoot 'em up sounds pretty awesome!
Maybe you can use the music only track for the silent popeye cartoons that area actually silent and people are bitching about?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Silent Popeye cartoons? Have you guys tried turning the sound up? [shrieks with laughter] sorry it's this film, end of the world apocalyptic crap, all the biblical portents of doom and whatnot, hysterical stuff. I think extreme climate change will do the job well before the Four Horsemen come a ridin'. :P

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
oh that damned global warming!
no no, on the popeye set they have bonus old silent cartoons with no soundtrack. I've been tempted to tell them to que up some Phil Collins "Susseudio" to go with it, but I don't think they have a sense of humor in that thread. Cartoon nerds are pretty serious :P

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[steps on chirping crickets] It is pretty quiet... the damned chirpings stopped for a start. :P
Okay Gorath, anyone? Japanese sci-fi circa 1962. A rogue 'sun' 6000 times bigger than the Earth is on a collision course with our planet and well there's not much we can do about it. I mean sending Bruce Willis and his team up to stop it will do nowt, you can't even land on the bloody thing, and it's pointless firing nuclear missiles at it... I mean it's a sun for chrissakes what do you want to do, feed it? So what do those canny Japanese do to save the planet? Simple really they um set up hundreds of giant rockets at the south pole pointing towards the earth! When fired the rockets push the Earth out of orbit and out of the stars way! Wahay! Anyone still reading? We're saved! The Earths spinning away from the moon and into deep space but at least we've avoided colliding with that star! [bites fist]
htf_imgcache_12136.jpeg

Gorath had good effects for it's time, no monsters except for a giant walrus that pops up near the climax, the 5 minute walrus attack was cut from the US release. What surprised me most though was that the film was in stereo, it was released in Perspecta Stereo! It was the last thing I expected from this old Japanese sci-fi and it was pretty effective too.
Now I'm wondering if there are any Godzilla flicks of that era released in stereo? :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
That's 22 year old Susan Denberg, Playboy Playmate of the Month Aug 1966 as Peter Cushings gorgeous, and murderous, lab experiment in Hammer's Frankenstein Created Woman. Star Trek trivia - she also appeared in Mudds Women. :)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Steve Christou said:
That's 22 year old Susan Denberg, Playboy Playmate of the Month Aug 1966 as Peter Cushings gorgeous, and murderous, lab experiment in Hammer's Frankenstein Created Woman. Star Trek trivia - she also appeared in Mudds Women. :)
OK, show me the centerfold!
But really, maybe i should check out this Hammer flick.
I wish Hammer had made more Sherlock Holmes movies. I love their Hound of the Baskervilles. Peter Cushing was PERFECT as Holmes!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Cripes! Who died in here?!
Someone must of stunk the place up, only reason no one has been here.
I think i know what stinks! I watched Children of Men. Man did that stink hard! But really, it was an interesting movie, its just in the end, i thought, if most the people in the movie dont care about the future, why should i care about the movie? Just a bit to bleak for my taste. Sure i like to see a good shoot em up, but good lord! I even like the actors in the thing. I guess i have seen one to many end of the world, just give up cause your only gonna get the worst out of 90% of people, movies. As true as that could be, i still want to live with my fantasy of hope. My woman felt the same way, she wanted me to turn it off, but i said i wanted to stay to the bloody end of the damn thing.
We watched Panic Room last night, never seen it before, and we both liked it. Now i need to watch something else to get the stink of Children of Men off. I got The Mysterians in the post, Steve. Thats my kind of movie. Let me have some escape for just a few minutes.
Dont get me wrong, i do like deep movies, 2001, Memento. I even like dark movies like A Clockwork Orange. But Children of Men didnt do it for me.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sorry, that might of been me stinking up the place, got the flu again :S
FUNNY! I watched "Children Of Men" Friday night and loved it. I tend to like bleak movies about plausable futures. KNow what I mean? Realistic futures that don;t have us in flying cars? Anyways good stuff. Did you watch the documentary with all the culture philosophers talking about the metaphors in the film? I think it;s all a bunch of poppycock. :P

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm probably the only one in all of Testy, but I saw "War" yesterday. The reviews and forum feedback on this movie is absolutely terrible, but I had to see Jason Statham. :) Anyway, it wasn't quite as bad as I'd expected, though the ending is preposterous. I think people are annoyed it wasn't what they expected. It seems to have a totally different ending than the test screenings 10 months ago (according to imdb comments), so I think it was a case of scrambling to fix the ending. There WAS something really odd about it.
I'm not a fan of "Children of Men" and didn't understand all the praise it got.

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
Hey Elisabeth,

How does it fare against other Stathom movies such as Transporter movies?

I like JS too, he's uber cool. I was disappointed by the reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.