What's new

Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Flee the icy lucifer.
Oh he’s an awful fellow!
What a mistake!
I didn’t take a feather from his pillow.
Here’s the everlasting rub: neither am I good or bad.
I’d give up my halo for a horn and the horn for the hat
I once had.
I’m only breathing.
There’s life on my ceiling.
The flies there are sleeping quietly.
Twist my right arm in the dark.
I would give two or three for one of those days that never made
Impressions on the old score.
I would gladly be a dog barking up the wrong tree.
Everyone’s saved -- we’re in the grave.
See you there for afternoon tea.

Ooops! Got sidetracked there. Where did I leave off?
Everythings all "sixes and sevens" round here. The little wifey has walked in "starkers". Tends to be a "slapper" when she's "snookered". Better go now before we get in a "row", seems she wants some "rumpy pumpy".
"Smashing!" :D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
aarr Jim lad, after much looking I've failed to find the word "fag" in your post, you therefore are disqualified from this years "testy fag games", but all is not lost, for being the first droog to post the words "rumpy pumpy" you win this rather odd "Lord of War" poster, um.. enjoy. :D
LordofWara.jpg

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Will go see The Island? Not bloodly likely, mate. I actually haven't seen any Michael Bay, but aside from the generally positive things I've heard about The Rock, it seems like he makes a dog's breakfast out of everything he directs.
But, if I did want to see it, I'd go to the glorious Uptown Theater in Washington DC, with its 70-foot wide curved screen. I went there for Sin City and Revenge of the Sith. Easy for me to get there, too--cross the Arlington Memorial Bridge, go up the beautiful parkway through Rock Creek Park, pop up onto Connecticut Ave., and Bob's your uncle! There I am, just a few blocks away from the Uptown, in 15 minutes. Real horrorshow place to viddy sinny (oops, a little specific with the slang at the end there, what what?)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
The Uptown is awesome! Though I've heard great things about the Senator as well, I'm sure that was an excellent place to see the LOTR-fest.

I have two main sources for seeing older movies on the big screen, the large majority of them being at the AFI Silver theater in Silver Spring. The other one is the National Gallery, their auditorium is very nice, and it's free! The Library of Congress has a little screening room that sometimes shows interesting things, I've been there a couple of times.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You might need to provide a bigger cap for that one Steve. I can't make out kong
Sorry Mark, I thought you might have had binoculars at hand.
Kong_000015.jpg

Here's a closer shot where you may just make out Kong climbing near the top, but if we move into the shot further by using my hydro-combustion miracle-patented micro-teflon nuclear-powered zoomifier things become a little clearer..
Kong_000010.jpg

I think you can make out Kong now eh? Let's move further in and see what the big ape is holding in his paw...
Kong_000005.jpg

...it's Fay Wray!! Wow! Now thats what you call zooming in! :D

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Will go see The Island? Not bloodly likely, mate.
I know Haggai, I was being sarccy. But, if it had been filmed by um Mikael Bayevsky, gorgeously subtitled with lashings of meaningful closeups and a surplus of long introspective pauses you'd be stampeding towards your local multiplex, right oh? ;)
Btw The Island flopped at the box office, a measly $12m opening weekend is bad news for Dreamworks, the film cost $120m to produce. Now let's see how Stealth fares.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Mikael Bayevsky sold out, man, once he stopped casting his movies entirely with Russian midgets. But maybe the director's cut will feature more of his trademark re-creations of historical battles using nothing but domesticated housepets, cleverly subverting dominant paradigms about hierarchical relationships in society. I'll definitely watch that on DVD. :D

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I liked the Kong zoom. Incidentally, that "cone" thing at the top is the Zeppelin mooring mast as featured in SKY CAPTAIN; trouble is, the wind draughts in the area, created by the Skyscraper Jungle of Manhattan, are so strong that the only time an airship was moored up there [a Navy blimp, as an experiment] it was torn away before the end of 45 seconds.
Mark: let me think about it a while. :D Have you had any luck with the TV?

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Heh, no. No luck with the TV. can't really afford to fix it either. University in the fall, tuition, need a laptop...

Thanks for the help though.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Without fail, there will be one or two people near me who must keep a running commentary. People! This is not your living room."
"It's just not a pleasant thing to do anymore, cell phones ring and people answer them, people go back and forth to concession stands and come back with cups the size of swimming pools, prices are beyond belief for lousy entertainment, and there are no real stars to follow. I got Netflix so I can get three movies at a time, and it's a whole lot less expensive."
"I still love the mythos of the darkened theater. When the audience collectively gasps at a thrilling moment or when they all laugh at a funny moment, everyone is connected by that moment, and it makes the experience worthwhile."
Movies as you like them

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.