What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
OMG.

Another Sandra reference.

And we're implanting microchips as part of the vaccine! Fantastical stuff!

Maybe if they mix the vaccine with mangoes and bananas...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:D Mike, I think maybe Sandra's a bit paranoid, or simply doesn't trust people in power, or the super rich. I once told her jokingly that ignorance is bliss and she didn't take it well, said I was weak. :unsure:

John Berkey - King Kong, 1976.jpg

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
And we're implanting microchips as part of the vaccine! Fantastical stuff!

No doubt, Mike! And I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole and break HTF's Terms of Service, but do the people spinning that conspiracy theory realize that they've volunteered to possess a smartphone which knows more about them than any microchip could?

:D

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Microchip in vaccine conspiracies is what happens when *Redacted* *Redacted* get to much influence in politics and the media. This stuff isn't new, it was part of the Left Behind book series 20 years ago. Qanon is warming up all the old tropes.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[ramble mode on]I have no idea what my laptop processor is but it's pretty fast, finally after years of superslow laptops I have one that can open a program or file before I start nodding off waiting for it to unfurl. It's from that trustworthy Chinese company Huawaaiai. My previous laptop was a Yoga 2 in 1 convertible . It could fold over and become a touch screen tablet. But it was painfully slow at even the simplest tasks, crap crap crap. But nothing beats my lightning fast desktop PC, so fast it opens files before I even hit the key, maybe it can read my thoughts? Is it spying on me? [bites nails] Hmm is Alexa spying on us? [Stop with the conspiracies Steve!] Alexa make a farting noise [laughs hysterically for 5 minutes]

Kidding I don't have any sort of spy gizmo in the house, hang on whats that light blinking up there in the corner of the room? Never noticed that before... is it an alarm thing or something sinister... [falls off chair]

Tenet arrived this morning, blind buy, in good ol' 1080p £15.

Better be worth it. It's Christopher Nolan for christous sake, it has to be good.

tenetposterfinal2.jpg

Last edited:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
[ramble mode on]I have no idea what my laptop processor is but it's pretty fast, finally after years of superslow laptops I have one that can open a program or file before I start nodding off waiting for it to unfurl. It's from that trustworthy Chinese company Huawaaiai. My previous laptop was a Yoga 2 in 1 convertible . It could fold over and become a touch screen tablet. But it was painfully slow at even the simplest tasks, crap crap crap. But nothing beats my lightning fast desktop PC, so fast it opens files before I even hit the key, maybe it can read my thoughts? Is it spying on me? [bites nails] Hmm is Alexa spying on us? [Stop with the conspiracies Steve!] Alexa make a farting noise [laughs hysterically for 5 minutes]

Kidding I don't have any sort of spy gizmo in the house, hang on whats that light blinking up there in the corner of the room? Never noticed that before... is it an alarm thing or something sinister... [falls off chair]

Tenet arrived this morning, blind buy, in good ol' 1080p £15.

Better be worth it. It's Christopher Nolan for christous sake, it has to be good.

View attachment 83480

I loved it!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Zen, I watched Tenet. I'll probably enjoy it more the second time I see it. Let's be kind and say that sci-fi movies exist in a different parallel universe, and create their own peculiar science different from our own. Suspension of disbelief is essential to enjoy these movies.
Otherwise we'll be saying 'WTF' every 5 minutes. :)

Tom Cruise blows his top on the set of Mission Impossible 7 after spotting film crew not observing social distancing -

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
just shows how crazy 2020 is, I'm team Cruise on this one. If I had millions tied to a movie, I'd be pissed too. :rolling-smiley:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am not mechanically inclined at all. and yet I was able to figure out that a shear pin busted on my snowblower today (30+ inch snowstorm) rendering my drive clutch inoperable. I had to remove the old pin (which had broken into three pieces and find a suitable replacement.

Score!

I feel quite accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.