Testy Area 51

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
4k tellys are getting cheaper all the time, they'll be falling out of your morning cornflakes packet soon (if the packet was big enough). :D

. . .I still have all my DVDs here, hiding behind my blu-rays, I have deep shelves. They do get played occasionally, I don't have every film on blu-ray.
It's so tempting to get a 4K TV now that the prices are good. BUT, my 3D TV looks fine, and I have a bunch of 3Ds I haven't watched yet. I have been forward-thinking and buying 4K/Blu-ray combos if the sale price isn't much more than the Blu-ray alone.

A while back, I placed most of my DVD discs in paper sleeves to save room. Saved all the cover art and threw away the containers. It just took up way too much room otherwise. Kept the originals as is for ones with special packaging. I have quite a lot of digital content now for convenience and to save space.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
A while back, I placed most of my DVD discs in paper sleeves to save room. Saved all the cover art and threw away the containers. It just took up way too much room otherwise.
Many years back I bought the Brilliant Classics set of the complete works of Mozart on 180 CDs. The discs are in paper sleeves so the overall box is only 12" wide.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"I'm back.... I'm home... all the time it was... you murderers! You blew it up! Damn you.... damn you all to hell!" *bursts into tears* [The apes in white arrive and cart Steve away] "Nooo I don't want to go on the cart!", "Oh don't be such a baby", "It's a madhouse.... A MAD HOUSE!!"

So how was the debate? Who won? It was on late here, s'okay I'll watch the highlights later on the news. They should have had Borat in as referee. Manchester is in heavy lockdown, even peeping thru the curtains (US = drapes] might be risky, Boris might send his stormtroopers around to kick my head in. It's been a strange year. A horrible year. I'll never sneer at dystopian sci-fi again. :ph34r:

Let's see looking at my files the last new film I bought was.. Birds of Prey? eee I must have been desperate. And before that... Onward, not the best Pixar film come on, hated the ending. The glory days are over Pixar fans, that was quite a run wasn't it? Toy Story 1 to... Toy Story 3. Wow.

Hugh Joseph Ward Loot For The Lords Of Doom, 1940.jpg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

A horrible year. I'll never sneer at dystopian sci-fi again. :ph34r:

Yeah, no kidding. Never thought I'd be living through something like this. Still, I'm doing better than the poor bastards who have passed from this realm prematurely due to COVID-19. What an Effed up year it has been.

- Walter.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he neer so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accursd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The year 1961 was busy for Herbert Lom: he was also Nemo in Mysterious Island and in El Cid.

I learned his birth name was Herbert Charles Angelo Kuchacevich Schluderpacheru. Quite a mouthful.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan13