Testy Area 51

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Wow what a trailer Russ, you can actually imagine each brain cell dying while you watch. [Russ snarls] I'm kidding, I'm sure it's a classic.

Denise was a memorable Bond girl (who snickered?) she played a nuclear scientist in The World is Not Enough. [Stop snickering!)

Here it is folks, quite possibly the greatest piece of art the world has ever known -

Harry Lemon Parkhurst - Hero Of Coffin Creek, 1937.jpg

Harry Lemon Parkhurst - Hero Of Coffin Creek, 1937

I mean who wouldn't want that framed on their wall? eh?

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Just got called back to work. Limited work since March had me binging shows left and right. I got back and they lifted the block on HTF. At least for now :)

How are the droogs?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hola Zen! Good news I think the droogs are surviving the pandemic... herd immunity? pfft more like binge-watching TV shows immunity. :)

Wearing your virus mask Zen? Europeans have not been happy about mask wearing, I know there's been protests in England, Spain, France and Germany against it. And people have been beaten up just for wearing a mask. I hate wearing a mask but have no choice. I start to choke almost as soon as I put it on and have to try and get my mind of it.

I finished off the second season of The Umbrella Academy on netflix, it's super weird but it could have been told in 5 episodes not dragged out to 10, the characters aren't that engaging. Lucifer is up next, woohoo.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Local cinemas have just reopened recently but I won't be going in the near future. I'm actually not missing going as I am watching many TV shows and movies at home. Recently finished S1 of "Why Women Kill", S1 of the new "Twilight Zone" (working on S2 now), S4 of "Lucifer". Watching "Interrogation" now which is quite interesting but I imagine will leave the viewer unsatisfied due to the nature of the show.

I can't see upgrading to a 4K TV as long as my current set is still working well. I also need to watch my 3D stuff before the upgrade. I do own a couple of handfuls of 4K discs (with BD) as they were on sale.

Our local "lockdown" was extended another 3 weeks or so due to spiking virus. I'm so missing my regular Vegas trips, but will not go until live entertainment returns. I have a couple of concerts which were postponed until May and October, 2021. I'm beginning to question if live entertainment will be back by May. It's crazy, though, because one of my Vegas bands played in South Dakota for a week at a motorcycle rally with 250,000 unmasked, drunken bikers. Every state just does its own thing.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Theaters are not open here yet. The return of the drive-in though is taking off. My buddy is building an outside system as we've taken to Disney +, Prime and Shudder. Not risking going to a theater even at 50% capacity.

I'm going to lose thousands of $$$$ with the performing arts center "temporarily closed." The Lion King was going to start Sept. 8th......one month SOLD OUT shows......its disheartening

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This should cheer up any one depressed by today’s political climate.

My grandmother Alice Drew may have spoken Korean before English if I recall correctly. She was born in Kunsan in 1893. Her father, Dr. Alessandro Damer Drew MD, was sent by the Presbyterians to establish western hospitals in Korea in the 1880s. So I guess I have some family interest in how things turned out a century later.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirb-dog