What's new

Testy Area 51 (7 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What is happening to Manchester weather? It's all gone awry. Hailstorms in summer and heatwaves during winter!

At least it's not raining frogs.

The day it rained frogs in Calgary

Heathers 02f.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Good work Walter it was the 1998 remake of Great Expectations. I don't remember that scene either. I have a copy of the film somewhere but it's ages since I last watched it. I was putting together a top 30 video on Paltrow and came across that still and knew it had to show up here. :)

Uma is my newest video subject.

Be Cool 004.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:D

"The penis is evil. The penis shoots seeds, and makes new life, and poisons the earth with a plague of men, as once it was. But the gun shoots death, and purifies the earth of the filth of brutals. Go forth and kill! Zardoz has spoken!"

You won't see that quoted on twitter anytime soon. [snort]

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
We need the ol' clock on the wall to tell it's that time more often! :D

I know who it is, but no idea about the film.

I saw the film theatrically so many years ago, and I recall enjoying the cinematography and the overall aesthetic of the film. I never picked up the DVD of the film because this was back when Fox was not supporting 16x9 enhancement on their DVD releases. I haven't thought about this film in a long time. (The original version is a better film, but the remake is not without its attractions.) Looks like it never made it to Blu-Ray, which is kind of too bad since it was attractively shot.

- Walter.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
What is happening to Manchester weather? It's all gone awry. Hailstorms in summer and heatwaves during winter!

At least it's not raining frogs.

The ski resort up the hill from Boise got over a foot of snow two weekends ago.

And now this.

The Blaine County Sheriff’s Office in Idaho said on Facebook that it was issuing a “felony warrant for Mother Nature for Illegal Dumping.” A storm total of about 10 inches of snow was measured north of Galena Summit while south of the summit, a total of 6 inches was measured.

Highway 75 passes over Galena Summit at 8,901 feet (2700 meters) elevation. It's probably the highest paved road in Idaho.

Last edited:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Trying to catch up on some series off my DVR and movies.

Finished Season 3 of "Killing Eve". I know people were very divided over the final episode, but I kind of liked how it ended. Already renewed for S4. Just started S3 of "The Sinner" starring Matt Bomer. I didn't care for S2, but this one is already more interesting.

Watched "Just Mercy" the other night. Wow, really good movie. Have never been a big Michael B. Jordan fan from his "FNL" days, but he does pick good projects.

I turned in 2 of my latest foster kittens about 10 days ago and it appears both were adopted. Really sweet kitties and probably the quietest pair I've had. They had a few health issues at first, including both developing limps a week apart. Learned that sometimes cats limp when they have a slight fever.

The above reminded me of "Six Degrees of Ethan Hawke" with "Great Expectations" followed by Uma.

My July Vegas trip and Keith Urban concert were cancelled due to the pandemic. The Scorpions have been postponed. Not sure if my Judas Priest one in October will be on, or my Keith Urban in November. I've been watching some Vegas video bloggers to see what Vegas has been like since reopening. Without live entertainment, I really have no incentive to go yet, plus I think Hawaii still has the 2-week self-quarantine upon entering/returning to the state. This will be the longest stretch without Vegas since I've been going regularly.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'm still waiting for the cinemas to open again. They mentioned it might be sometime in July. I'm curious to see how they arrange the seatings. I don't want someone coughing behind me while I'm watching Christopher Nolan's Tenet, and I'm not wearing a mask. If that became mandatory I'll never go to the cinema again. Eating popcorn might be a problem too. :)

Rock Star rt.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Movie theaters here, Steve, are changing policies they've had for years. They will now no longer give free refills on large sodas and popcorn buckets. It's disappointing...and I doubt they will be lowering their pries accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.