What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
0eok7ijp2ex41.jpg

I'm sure that Elizabeth remembers this happening.

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Great photos guys. Victory in Europe yay! But it wasn't over yet. Hitler shaved his mustache and fled to South America with Eva Braun and war was still raging in the Pacific.

I've started reading Oliver Stone's Untold History of the United States. That guy loves conspiracy theories. I don't think he trusts anyone.

I watched Battle of Britain again for the umpteenth time, has to be my most watched war movie. Might watch Dunkirk and Darkest Hour during the week.

A couple of days ago I was in a long line at the supermarket, only one person was wearing a mask and it wasn't me (still haven't worn one). The government is sending out mixed signals trying to ease lockdown, send people back to work but we're still not allowed to go to the park. My opinion: stop telling people what to do, if they want to go out for a walk let them, as long as they keep their distance from other people, let them use their common sense, we're not children. Like my paranoid 'don't trust anyone' friend tells me, it's all about control, they'll be injecting us with microchips soon. [cue Oliver Stone quietly nodding] :unsure:

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hi everybody, kind of lost track of this thread for a while!!

Yes, Hawaii is still pretty much on lockdown. I think some Oahu businesses get to open on Monday, following the neighbor islands. But nothing "hands on" like beauty salons. These crazy tourists keep coming to Hawaii and trying to ignore our mandatory 14-day lockdown. One couple kept being reported by their hotel for leaving the premises and were finally caught and placed on a plane.

I had much of my 2020 travel schedule all set up, but now . . . who knows? My Keith Urban concert in Vegas in July was cancelled; my Scorpions/Queensryche show the same week hasn't cancelled yet. I also have a ticket for Judas Priest in October and Keith Urban in November in Vegas. I just don't see how concerts can even go on as long as there is some semblance of social distancing. My Keith ticket in November is General Admission standing in front of the stage, and no way that's happening that soon!! Even my bands who play outdoors at Fremont Street can't let a thousand people crowd around as usual. Sigh. . .

The Hawaii State Library system has been running a free trial of Kanopy streaming for the last month, so I've been watching foreign/artsy movies like crazy. They have a fantastic selection, and some of my favorites were "Nobody from Nowhere", "The Women on the 6th Floor", "Asako I & II", and other blockbusters!

While this would seem like a good time, I have not been fostering kitties at this time. I may try soon, but my sleep schedule is all out of whack and was also worried about possibly having to run back and forth to their vet if the kitties had issues (which quite a few have had). But, I'm missing them and may try soon. I wouldn't mind fostering an older kitten who can lie on the couch and watch TV with me like a few I've had.

Oh, and I've been doing more cooking and baking (although it is impossible to find more flour right now). I try to go grocery shopping only every 3 weeks or so and stuff my freezer. Takeout places are open locally, but I don't want to do that.

Just read that Pearlridge Shopping Center will open this Friday -- sure not going there!!

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hi Elizabeth! Good to see you're okay out there in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. How the hell did the virus spread so widely so quickly for christou's sake! It's a conspiracy I tells ya! There must come a reckoning at the end of this! says Steve in his best cowboy drawl.

I'm listening to music more than I did before and read a lot. But I always enjoyed reading, so not much has changed there.

I miss the cinema. Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be watching the new Bond movie on the big screen. There will be a lot of empty seats. I hope I won't be required to wear a mask while I enjoy the movie, that will be ridiculous. I'm not exaggerating when I say I see very few people wearing masks in my occasional trips out doors. Maybe one person in a supermarket line of about 60 people covers their nose and mouth. When it becomes mandatory I will have no choice. :(

i'm sure I read a news story somewhere of the prime minister Boris Johnson saying that there is unlikely to ever be a vaccine for this horrible virus. Pray he's wrong.

X-Men Apocalypse er.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Cross your fingers Mike. I've just read a report that the virus might never go away and will always be with us like HIV. Baaastards!

Here's good sport Jennifer Aniston in that pre-Covid19 classic We're the Millers... aaah remember the grand old days before the pandemic? Yup.

we're the millers aadf.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I'm not exaggerating when I say I see very few people wearing masks in my occasional trips out doors. Maybe one person in a supermarket line of about 60 people covers their nose and mouth. When it becomes mandatory I will have no choice. :(

I'm surprised!! Most stores here will not admit you unless you are wearing a mask. Being that they are so hard to find, I just made my own out of T Shirts.

Watched "Summer of 84" on streaming tonight. I rather liked it!! I saw on imdb that many people hated the ending, but it didn't spoil the film for me.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I live in the suburbs of Manchester so I would imagine Londoners take mask-wearing a lot more seriously than we do, especially on London transport. I saw photos of packed tube trains, people were wearing masks but there were a few that didn't seem bothered.

At all the shops I've been to here none of the people working wear masks or gloves and if you have a problem at the self service machine the staff will come right up to you smiling and joking as if this virus never existed, aaah memories.... :)

The last streaming movie I watched, on Netflix, was 'Extraction', nothing to do with dentists, a violent thriller starring Chris Hemsworth. Recommended for action movie fans,

I'm currently listening to Hans Zimmer's soundtrack to The Da Vinci Code on CD. There's one track on there that's absolutely brilliant - Chevaliers de Sangreal - that one track is better than the entire film. You can hear it in it's entirety just before the end credits.

into the blue fddf.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hi Dennis, I just posted this over at the virus thread.

People protesting against government coronavirus restrictions were arrested in London's Hyde Park, Jeremy Corbyn's brother was arrested too, he thinks it's all fake news! :eek:

hyde park protests.jpg

hyde park protests 2.jpg

• Crowds gathered in London's Hyde Park as an anti-lockdown protest unfolded against the restrictions
  • Piers Corbyn, the 73-year-old brother of former Labour leader Jeremy, was seen among the masses
  • Individuals felt civil rights were being suppressed as a result of a 'fake virus' used as a decoy
  • A chorus of boos were heard as one man was cuffed and led away by police, appearing to show resistance

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Honestly how do you guys breathe in those masks? My brother sent me a bag of masks. I tried one on and found it hard to breathe. I'm not asthmatic it's just that there isn't enough air in there or is it my imagination? All I breathe in is my own hot breath, mostly carbon dioxide. Maybe I'll get used to it? I nearly had a panic attack! :eek:

Telegraph cartoon.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Users who are viewing this thread