Testy Area 51

Mike Frezon

I don't hate poetry I just don't know poetry.
That's probably more my issue, too.

I just don't get it, man.

I had to read 13 Ways of Looking at a Blackbird when I was in college (late '70s/early '80s) and realized I had no prayer of understanding it. It really opened my eyes that not everything in life was n my grasp. It has followed me ever since.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I like couplets. the short form is so inspiring and beautiful!

Arty Farty held a party and all the Farts where there!
Tooty Fruity ripped a beauty and they all went out for air!

*Full admission, I don't know what a couplet is...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:)

Mike, Russ, Dennis, have you all started wearing masks of some sort when out and about? I've heard that they won't let you on public transport in New York if you don't wear a mask. Will my Phantom of the Opera mask do?

Here our clueless UK government is trying to decide whether to make mask wearing mandatory when leaving the house and at work.

Reactions: Zen Butler

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I don't think it's mandatory yet but most people are doing it because why would you wait for the government to tell you? I'm doing a ride share to a skeleton crew at work as my work is considered an essential business so I don't have to ride in the 40 foot Incubation tubes known as public transit. I wear a mask if I have to go to the shops. You can't count on people staying away from you, and sometimes you have to kick old ladies in the back of the knees to get to the meats and toilet paper so best to have a mask on, eh?

Best video to come out of this stuff is that Nat guy in Oz doing foul mouth cooking videos. not safe for work, not that any of you grubby animals are at work. Has this been posted here? What is time? Are we real?

Mike Frezon

Just started.

The governor of NY just declared it mandatory for any New Yorker who goes out and might find themselves within close quarters of other people (street corner, grocery store, subway, etc.).

Walter Kittel

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I'm not much of a poetry fan, but...

Stephen Colbert recited some of Francis Thompson's The Hound of Heaven during his interview with Phoebe Waller-Bridge last night, and it was pretty neat.

- Walter.

Zen Butler

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
:)

Mike, Russ, Dennis, have you all started wearing masks of some sort when out and about? I've heard that they won't let you on public transport in New York if you don't wear a mask. Will my Phantom of the Opera mask do?

Here our clueless UK government is trying to decide whether to make mask wearing mandatory when leaving the house and at work.
Steve, it tends to be by city or individual business policy. I’m required to wear gloves and mask at work. Most stores around here require masks to enter.

Don’t see many without them unless people are out walking or running

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The forum look different or has the virus finally crept up on me? :)

Yeah photobucket has pulled a fast one and is demanding money to unlock our images. Luckily it's been a decade since I last used it. But all my old screenshots were on there... [bites fist] ...never mind I have back ups on one of my drives. And I have back ups of my back ups. You can't be too careful these days. There is cloud storage but I don't trust something that can easily be hacked, or need wifi access to view.

Game 6 g.jpg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
The forum look different or has the virus finally crept up on me? :)

Yeah photobucket has pulled a fast one and is demanding money to unlock our images. Luckily it's been a decade since I last used it. But all my old screenshots were on there... [bites fist] ...never mind I have back ups on one of my drives. And I have back ups of my back ups. You can't be too careful these days. There is cloud storage but I don't trust something that can easily be hacked, or need wifi access to view.

View attachment 71491
We just upgraded to the newest version of XenForo, so yes!

Dennis Nicholls

Executive Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
And I have back ups of my back ups. You can't be too careful these days. There is cloud storage but I don't trust something that can easily be hacked, or need wifi access to view.
What I really don't trust are those sites in the cloud that claim to be a safe place to store ALL of your passwords.

I keep my passwords in handwritten form on a piece of paper.