What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here. If you had known anything about the true nature of the universe, anything at all, you would've hidden from it in terror."

Sad news Russ, loved Max as Ming the Merciless, and Father Lankester Merrin.

Not so keen on The Seventh Seal, too Swedish and if I remember right not a single seal in sight! Good game of chess though. I was hoping Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich might remake the film some day, maybe add some aliens and explosions in there somewhere.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
He'll always be Brewmeister Smith for me. I can't think of any role he's showed up in where I was annoyed. A truly great actor.

I've not seen Seventh Seal. Only Bergman film I think I've seen is Fanny & Alexander, and I may not have seen all of it! I was tempted to get that giant Criterion set, but I'm worried I'd be bored. I can't think of any role he's showed up in where I was annoyed. A truly great actor.

Dropped cash without a second thought on Godzilla and Zatoichi, but one of the most celebrated directors in history? I have to think about that one... :oops:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I was going to do a video on Max's films a few years ago but there were too many Swedish films, highly rated ones, I couldn't ignore them. Problem is I've only seen one - The Seventh Seal. So I decided to postpone the video. I did do a Kurosawa video a couple of years ago, that was difficult enough, but luckily I'd seen more of his films. I've got a box set of his samurai films on blu-ray.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm in the same boat with Kurosawa, only seen his Samurai films. And DREAMS, but I have zero memory of it. I think I've seen 2 Fellini films, I think he's the next one to get a big Criterion boxset.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Hello Testies, since I was over at the Orca thread thought I would attempt to catch up. The kids and I thought both JoJo Rabbit and Knives Out were hysterical. Joker, loved it. My son and I saw Terminator Dark Fate opening day and we both had a rip-roaring time with that one. He’s at the age(11) where he’s getting a “crash coarse” e.g. Mad Max, Die Hard, The Matrix, Terminator, The Thing, Robocop(yeah I know, father of the year) ...Stand by Me...just to name a few...these are fun times...any suggestions in the above vein appreciated -back soon

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well I got a birthday present today: the Idaho primary election.

Edit: my cup runneth over, it's Win 10 Patch Tuesday today.

Edit: plus I get to ask Zen's option on my buying a 2018 ND Miata. Hey it was a bargain.

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[bleats] Zeeeennnnn! Are we still putting the band back together? Jack Briggs is back on board the forum chatting about motor bikes, I kid you not. Meanwhile I'm drawing up plans to invade another Star Wars thread in [Stop it Steve!] I'm kidding! I think we've all grown up a bit since 2004. And we might not be able to grow older thanks to the effin' coronavirus [bites fist]. I'm not being an alarmist! [hides under bed]. Look as long as we keep taking our multivitamin pills we should be okay, beef up our immune system, what's healthier coffee or cocoa? White tea or green tea? Packed with antioxidants. Hey even chocolate has health benefits... mmm chocolate...

Anyway I'm watching Midway, Roland Emmerich's latest excuse to blow shit up... blind buy... the sound system gets a good workout... bet Emmerich's pissed he can't show the Japanese blowing up the White House. Oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Steve I haven’t seen Midway but I do have an Academy screener of 1917.

my buddies and I are having “field day” showing Lennon movies and it was suggested we open the whole James Bond “can-o-worms.”

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Coronavirus! Nothing to do with the beer! *Shotguns a Corona*

BUY ALL THE TOILET PAPER! Get warehouses of the stuff! It's will keep you safe! I guess? It's the thing at any rate. Everyone's buying toilet paper for the respiratory illness that doesn't make you poop from all reports. Bless!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
718056629994c6496dd7c06e11c11d0a.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The non-black "colored" tops on the Miata are also lined, unlike most of the non-GT black soft tops. So the red soft top has that advantage too. I got a heck of a deal on it: I bought it used from an Audi dealer with only 600 (six hundred) miles on it for $23.5K. An elderly couple bought it on a whim and found it was too uncomfortable to climb in and out of. So they traded it in. It's the colors and options I would have specified if I ordered one from a dealer.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The end of days....

25535332-8073501-A_woman_travelled_on_the_tube_in_London_with_a_large_plastic_con-m-30_1583377071147.jpg

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Gustave_Dore_-_Death_on_the_Pale_Horse_resized.png

Pasta and spam are missing from supermarket shelves, spam for chrissakes! Nobody gave a shit about spam before, now it's suddenly preciousss. Plenty of tuna tins, does no one like tuna?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.