Real Name
Dennis
stiff upper lip.png

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
As someone on twitter succinctly put it - "This is what you get when you tell 17.4m people to f*ck off."

Now a devastated Labour faces years in the wilderness. They thought Corbyn was the chosen one. pfft.

I hope Boris keeps some of his promises, I read his bio on Winston Churchill, a good read. Let's see if Boris can leave his mark too.

karen-gillan-jumanji-3.jpg

Karen Gillan in Jumanji 2 (or is it 3?)

Last edited:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I've already got too many Churchill bios: the Randolph/Martin Gilbert set, the Manchester set, the Andrew Roberts single volume, Churchill on Leadership by Steven Hayward, and The Private Lives of Winston Churchill by Josh Pearson.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The improvement in my phlebitis was almost immediately. What's stranger is an improvement in my unrelated sciatica. My theory is that the phlebitis made me walk "crooked" which twisted my spine and pelvis which increased my sciatic pain. Now that I'm walking straight that pain has mostly gone away.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My theory is that the phlebitis made me walk "crooked" which twisted my spine and pelvis which increased my sciatic pain. Now that I'm walking straight that pain has mostly gone away.

I would say that's likely spot-on correct. It is quite common for just such an injury to create non-related aches/pains for just that kind of reason.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Reports on the new Star Wars film are not good. I'm likely to miss it, just like I missed the last one (Last Jedi).

Maybe "missed" is the wrong word. "Did not see" maybe more accurate.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dennis, have you seen any Star Wars movies at the cinema (US = Theater)? Has any testy droog watched any of the 11 previous Star Wars films on a screen bigger than... um, 60inches? :3dglasses: Is the force with us or the schwartz? :)

Yep reviews have been very mixed for the last episode in the Skywalker saga. JJ Abrams (or Jar Jar Abrams as some of the haters call him) has probably tried to please fans and 'normal' moviegoers, and fumbled the ball somewhere along the line. Rumours are everyone finds out they're related to each other, even the robots. it's a small universe after all. I'll see for myself sometime after Xmas.

Copy of Big Red One ,The 02t.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've seen all of the Star Wars films up to Force Awakens in the theaters, numerous times, on first release and re-release. FA was the last one, I fell off the wagon with it. I prefer the Star Wars that Lucas had a hand in. Yup, I'll take Jar Jar, a Return of the Jedi Lips Jizz song and that horribly corny love dialogue in Attack of the Clones over JJ doing a nostalgia Spielberg trip with no understanding of what makes Spielberg so good. Episode 4 was the first film I ever saw in a theater. This latest one will depend on friend invites. If I get invited, make plans, I'll go to it, otherwise I'll download it when the blu comes out.

Next week the local art house has an afternoon double bill of THE LIGHTHOUSE and PARASITE. Much more interesting to me at this point in my life than another corporate franchise handjob. That said, weather will be more of a factor if I go or not.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russ I read the synopsis to The Lighthouse a couple of days ago, I was curious because it kept coming up in magazines and websites. It looks interesting I will definitely watch it some time next year. Btw if I hadn't read the synopsis I might have completely ignored it. So for me spoilers get me interested in films I wouldn't otherwise bother with. I've read the Parasite synopsis too, I might pass on that one. Too weirdly dramatic and the usual over emotive shenanigans. I was hoping it was horror or sci-fi. :P

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
How do you guys think I should pronounce USMCA?

"You - smack'a"?

As a variation of the song YMCA.

Russ I read the synopsis to The Lighthouse a couple of days ago, I was curious because it kept coming up in magazines and websites. It looks interesting I will definitely watch it some time next year. Btw if I hadn't read the synopsis I might have completely ignored it. So for me spoilers get me interested in films I wouldn't otherwise bother with. I've read the Parasite synopsis too, I might pass on that one. Too weirdly dramatic and the usual over emotive shenanigans. I was hoping it was horror or sci-fi. :P

I have no idea what either are about. They look cool, people say they are good. They're led by individuals. I'm in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.