What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I hate being in the dark about my medical issues. I feel like a medieval peasant talking to his bishop when I talk to my doctors. But being somewhat of an autodidact, I bought a do-it-yourself cardiology kit: a copy of Clinical Cardiology Made Ridiculously Simple and a stethoscope. The book is basically a Cliff’s Notes version of a cardiology textbook, complete with audio recordings of what to listen for via the stethoscope.

DIY cardio kit.JPG

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Came back from Vegas a week ago. I went to see the Disturbed/Three Days Grace concert, which was great!!

Unfortunately, I was under the weather my entire vacation. So I spent much of the days in bed watching basketball and reading books and just came out at night to watch my favorite Vegas rock bands. But they were rained out on 2 nights. There were a lot of irritants related to this trip like Hawaiian Air making you check in at a kiosk -- I want to deal with a person!! And of course, the baby near me who cried virtually all the way to Vegas. BUT, it was still a nice time overall.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
[somersaults into frame] Hawaii and Vegas has one great connection, The King. Elvis is iconically connected to both.

Which gives me an excuse to post some photos of King Elvis.

Blue Hawaii.jpg
Girl Happy)_01.jpg
viva las vegas dd.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yes its true when I was a teen I did not have a Farrah Fawcett poster on my bedroom wall, it was an Elvis in concert poster. [tries to blush, fails]

Also a large 'Bruce Lee from Enter the Dragon' poster, he shamelessly confesses.

I did pin my LP soundtrack cover for Cat People (1982) on top of my door, if thats any consolation. [points to avatar] Made sure I took the disc out first of course. :unsure:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Hey everyone! I'm back from the flu fields! Knocked me out for a week! I grew up in an Elvis house, but my bedroom posters constantly rotated out since it was comprised of freebie movie poster from the rental shop. I have a box full of them that I sadly can't sell since they are marked as NOT FOR SALE and I could go to jail. :(

Catching up on Oscar movies. That said, I highly recommend THE NIGHT COMES FOR US, an Indonesian martial arts film that is one of the most brutally violent ones I've seen. Makes THE RAID look like a Jackie Chan comedy. Lots of fun! highly recommended!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
In the 80's this Samantha Fox poster replaced the Farrah. Or was added to it. (I had the Farrah picture on a button. :) )

s-l300.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, Russ. Did you get a flu shot?

I never have but am always interested in what other people do (especially if they got the flu). I got the real bad flu last January. So far, so good, this year.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I hope all the American (and Canadian) droogs are keeping warm. I thought it was cold here in England until I saw news reports of a 'polar vortex' over North America, and minus 26 degrees? Yikes! :eek:

9212008-6651663-The_polar_vortex_in_the_Midwest_has_brought_record_breaking_low_-a-56_1548953061472.jpg

Looks like a special effect from a movie but it's real. :3dglasses:

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
Scary stuff! Nature works in mysterious ways!

But before ya know it they will be back to sweating their you know whats off in a few short months. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Scary stuff! Nature works in mysterious ways!

But before ya know it they will be back to sweating their you know whats off in a few short months. :)

The real problem is we have an intense week of extreme cold and snow, then a week of warmer than average temps that melt it partially, then it refreezes for another week of extreme cold so we are constantly dealing with ice, on top of the ice rain from warmer than normal temps. It's something we've never had in my neck of the woods, but it's our new reality. Forecast calls for up to 30cm of snow by the weekend, with next week the temps hitting -25C before wind chill. It's currently 2C, so when the snow starts, it will be rain that will freeze as the temps plummet over the next 24 hours.

These weather shifts are bonkers. :(

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I got the quad flu shot in September, but got the flu this week anyway. The nasty part is not being able to sleep lying down. Most flu medications contain things that conflict with my heart meds so I can't take them, e.g. pseudoephedrine.

Anyone see my stethoscope?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I post this video because few believe me when I tell them that the local WinCo chain uses a robot pusher that lets a single employee collect 100 carts from the parking lot.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Friends, we did it! We FINALLY forced the Oscars to go on WITHOUT A HOST! Who's got the Oscar fever? How weird will it be? No opening monologue with some cheap shots at the celebs, no one to drop hot dogs from drones halfway through due to the poor stars getting low blood sugar. No one to introduce celebs to hand out awards. We will never know who the singers of the songs are. No memes of moments to be created. Can you even imagine? CAN YOU?!!?

Bob Hope did the show about 5000 times, they should have just used Hologram Bob Hope. They can do that now. We have the technology. Better than no hope.

I've watched all the best picture noms but The Favourite. my hope is on BlacKkKlansman being that it's hard to type. I'm presuming Roma will win. It was fine. I actually liked all the films this year, none really rubbed me the wrong way. Other than the Favorite. I'll watch it and get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread