Senior HTF Member
Yeah. That's Princess Meghan.

This is Gina Lollabrigida:

uncorsetted.jpg
Bugn3jOCEAEDIyI.png

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I watched Black Panther [Steve gasps...] this weekend.

It was...okay. Basically just another superhero movie. A little better than the last several I've seen though...although not enough to bring me back into the comic book film fold.

I'd love to get to the theater to see Deadpool 2 soon. THAT'S a comic book film I can get behind! :D

5e2.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Show's how different we all are Mike, I thought Black Panther was very good and refreshingly different from the usual Marvel superhero movies. Argentinian director Gaspar Noé, who hasn't directed anything I was remotely interested in seeing, was in the news recently for hating Black Panther -

“I tried ‘Black Panther.’ I escaped from the cinema after 20 minutes,” Noé said. “I thought it was as bad as ‘Star Wars.’ I hated ‘Star Wars.’ I hated the R&B music [in “Black Panther”]. The music was so bad that I had to escape. But you know which one I like? What’s the name of the Denis Villeneuve movie? ‘Arrival.’ That one was good.”

When asked why there were so many penises in his last film Noé replied -

Come on! I have a penis. The guys who were asking me those questions have a penis. Why is it in American culture, the penis is the face of all evil in this world? If your dad didn’t have one and didn’t use it with your mom, you wouldn’t be here.”

“It’s the source of life,” he continued. “It’s not the source of death. Weapons are the source of death. In every American movie, there are machine guns, whatever. Even on Instagram, why can you not show an erect penis? It’s a nice part of the body, like my hand, like my nose.”

:eek:

:rock:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
How is it possible that he wouldn't know that the penis is evil and shoots seeds?!?

sprl8noeqs1wcklwztso.jpg

Steve: I didn't hate Black Panther. I sat through the whole thing and even enjoyed the ride. I liked an awful lot about it, in fact. But the least interesting things about it were the "Black Panther" parts--the superhero stuff. There was a heckuva lot to like about the universe it created. But the conflict created by the bad decision by the King seemed contrived and all the 'challenges' to the throne were not very interesting. And when all is said and done...meh. I doubt I'll ever want to see it again.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
...meh... that reminds me - I recently saw a review for Solo: A Star Wars Story and the headline was "The meh is strong with this one"
oh dear. Still want to see it though, good or bad. Might go to see Deadpool 2 tomorrow.

Come September g.jpg

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I'm over 6,500 posts on the Wall Street Journal now. There I can discuss politics and religion all I want. It's a lot of fun to correct journalists' mistakes of facts and interpretation of supreme court decisions.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I loved Black Panther. It was strange watching Infinity Wars after it. You could swap the jokey dialogue between any of the white characters and it would be the same movie. Only Black Panther stands out with any gravity. That's some great world building. They should throw Valkyrie into Wakanda and just make Black Panther Valkyrie movies.

I'll probably see Solo at some point when it hits video. I'm not a big fan of giving dogs guns and it looks like a lot of Chewbacca in this one so I don't think it's theater ready for me. Lando looks cool. Can't wait to see that lovable rouge Solo smuggling slaves and drugs all over the universe, making that sweet credit money and ruining lives! That's what he was right? A smuggler?

Friends, the Great White North is having a heat wave! We went from -20 to 20C over a period of 24 hours, and now have 30C temperatures. for the week. It's not summer yet! It's not unusual to have one last blast of snow during the May long weekend. We're all doomed! DOOMED! Someone send a flying penis!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
:laugh:

Dennis, might find this excellent website very interesting, it's a 'wiki' database detailing all the weaponry in movies - war, westerns, thrillers etc a very cool idea and I like the zillions of screenshots too. :thumbsup:

Here's the page on Battle of the Bulge, which features American tanks disguised as German tanks, though I couldn't tell the difference.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Bulge

And here's the page on The Wind and the Lion, Raisuli!

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Wind_and_the_Lion,_The

Enjoy!

Battle of the Bulge 1965 fg.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dennis, I dimly remember a website like that one but I don't remember it being on this scale, this is huge. These people have a lot of time on their hands. There's a similar site on identifying cars in movies, every single car! :eek:

I see that Morgan Freeman is in trouble for inappropriate behaviour in the workplace and he's in his 80s!

I wonder if we're still allowed to wink and smile at our female colleagues or is that inappropriate behaviour too? :unsure:

45 years ago this poster artist wasn't worried about potential sexism when creating an eye-catching poster for A Touch of Class. :D

Touch of Class ,A vb.jpg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the IMFDB site previously. As memory serves with regards to Person of Interest which amongst its other entertaining qualities was an endless parade of various firearms wielded by friend and foe in the series.

- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hi Walter, after seeing your post I've read up on Person of Interest and it looks like something I'd enjoy. I looked at the IMFDB page on that show and it's a veritable encyclopedia of guns guns guns! I'll have to give it a go, the first 4 seasons are on Netflix. :thumbsup:

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Walter, after seeing your post I've read up on Person of Interest and it looks like something I'd enjoy. I looked at the IMFDB page on that show and it's a veritable encyclopedia of guns guns guns! I'll have to give it a go, the first 4 seasons are on Netflix. :thumbsup:

It was one of my favorite shows while it aired. It had some clunker episodes each season, but the episodes that dealt with the main story arcs were usually very good. The show kind of operated in a heightened reality where the amounts of damage that folks could sustain and dish out was a bit out of the norm. One of the other things I really enjoyed about the show was the soundtrack, both in terms of music composed for the series and the use of songs that always seemed to fit the themes or elements on display in a segment. It starts as a case of the week sort of procedural then evolves into something else. Definitely recommended.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.