What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hi guys, I'm still here. I'm thinking of moving to Scotland next, and than maybe... Iceland.

I do have a young music-crazy relative (and budding DJ) who goes to concerts but luckily he wasn't interested in this one.

There is only one real solution to this problem but it's not PC.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thanks Mike. We have to be extra vigilant when we go out now, these bastards can strike anywhere and at anytime.

I wonder if the forum's lost any members due to a terror attack? Could well be.

On a happier note I bought the animated movie Sing on 3D blu-ray, blind buy. I hope it was worth it and not for infants only. :)

I also picked up Mel Gibson's super-violent Hacksaw Ridge, Mel's a very good director but he does love his gore.

I skipped seeing Alien Covenant at the cinema, the reviews were frankly not that great and the last one Prometheus was a huge disappointment, I hate that whole 'origin of the species' subplot. Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien remains the best in the series, followed by James Cameron's hugely enjoyable 'Marines in Space' sequel.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You'll enjoy Hacksaw Ridge. What the guy does wouldn't be believed...except that it really happened.

Don't know anything about Sing outside of what I remember from the trailers.

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Thanks Mike. We have to be extra vigilant when we go out now, these bastards can strike anywhere and at anytime.

I wonder if the forum's lost any members due to a terror attack? Could well be.

On a happier note I bought the animated movie Sing on 3D blu-ray, blind buy. I hope it was worth it and not for infants only. :)

I also picked up Mel Gibson's super-violent Hacksaw Ridge, Mel's a very good director but he does love his gore.

I skipped seeing Alien Covenant at the cinema, the reviews were frankly not that great and the last one Prometheus was a huge disappointment, I hate that whole 'origin of the species' subplot. Ridley Scott's 1979 Alien remains the best in the series, followed by James Cameron's hugely enjoyable 'Marines in Space' sequel.

Steve, I join those expressing gratitude that you are alright. But putting things into perspective, I recently read that, here in America, at least, a person living here is hundreds of times more likely to die from a lighting strike, and thousands of times more likely to die in a car accident, than he or she is, to be murdered by a terrorist. Of course every death is a tragedy, but in the almost 16 years since 9/11, a relatively small total of 94 people have been murdered here by people who were radical Muslim terrorists, or even claimed to be somehow connected with radical Muslim groups. And that number of murders of Americans committed by radical Muslim terrorists may drop to 45 if the idiot who murdered 49 people in the gay nightclub, in Orlando, is not counted, since there is evidence that the creep was much more motivated by a deep seated hatred of gay people, than he was by any radical Muslim beliefs. . Because that character claimed to be a member of 2 different Middle Eastern radical Muslim groups that absolutely detest each other. Investigators think that the man may have just used claims of belonging to terrorist groups to bring more attention to his suicidal slaughter of gay folks.

Anyway, since more than 569 thousand people in the U.S. have been killed in auto accidents since 2001, whether its 45 or 94 Americans that have been murdered in terrorist attacks since 9/11, we can easily see that the chance of any particular American being killed by a terrorist is incredibly slight. That's why the publicity surrounding any of the very infrequent terrorist attacks in America accomplishes more for the terrorists than the actual murders themselves, because that publicity does terrorize some people and cause them to behave irrationally by fearing something that is so unlikely, yet still causes them to alter the way that they lead their lives. But if people do that, terrorism does win a kind of victory.

Honestly, if I spent the rest of my life living 6 months in New York City, and 6 months in Washington DC, each year, I would still have less of a chance of being killed by a terrorist, than I would of being killed by a one armed, black, Jewish, lesbian, ax murderer.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
sounds like my kind of woman!

Or, at least, a character in a QT film:

enhanced-buzz-6055-1377798719-15.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thanks Cees, that game has cheered us up a bit after the terrible events this week. The 'Mancunians' need all the cheering up they can get. Not sure If I can call myself a Mancunian yet, I still need my old friend TomTom to help me get around. :)

Btw I watched The Mancunian Candidate a few weeks ago, classic film, not too fond of the remake - The Manicurian Candidate.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Please note - these lyrics have been given the all-clear by the sexism-detector meter created by Dr. Fanny Holder.

Let's rock and roll
Working on a sex farm
Trying to raise some hard love
Getting out my pitch fork
And poking your hay.

Scratching in your henhouse
Sniffing at your feedbag
Slipping out your back door
I'm leaving my spray.

Sex farm woman
I'm gonna mow you down
Sex farm woman
I'll rake and mow you down.
Sex farm woman
Don't you see my silo risin' high.

Working on a sex farm
Hosing down your barn door
Bothering your livestock
They know what I need.

Working up a hot sweat
I'm scratching in your pea patch
Plowing through your bean field
Planting my seed.

Sex farm woman
I'll be your hired hand
Sex farm woman
I'll let my offer stand
Sex farm woman
Don't you feel my tractor rumbling by
By, by, by.

Working on a sex farm
Wolfing down some cornbread
I'm turning on the TV
Joining the grange.

Spinal Tap.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That gal should (1) have the butt stock up against her shoulder and (2) should be wearing ear and eye protection.

:laugh: I was waiting for that particular critique. As wonderful as that image is (for a number of different reasons), I cannot believe she looks that much at ease and that non-mussed holding that weapon like that with a number of spent shells on the ground. I figured she'd probably be in an ambulance on her way to the hospital with a pretty bad arm/shoulder injury.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.