What's new

Testy Area 51 (6 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hey Russ, Norway is the happiest place on Earth! And Canada is in the top 10 list of Happiest Countries in the World! :)

Doesn't that make you feel... you know... happy?

Norway is the happiest place on Earth, according to a United Nations agency report - toppling neighbour Denmark from the number one position.

The World Happiness Report measures "subjective well-being" - how happy the people are, and why.

Denmark, Iceland, Switzerland and Finland round out the top five, while the Central African Republic came last.

Western Europe and North America dominated the top of table, with the US and UK at 14th and 19th, respectively.

1. Norway

2. Denmark

3. Iceland

4. Switzerland

5. Finland

6. Netherlands

7. Canada

8. New Zealand

9. Australia

10. Sweden

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39325206

Not sure the UK would still be in the top 20 after recent events.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
20666293.jpg

:laugh:

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
:D

Looking at yesterdays events maybe I did the right thing to move out of there. More innocents killed and maimed.
.......... ;)

You have even better protection now:

life-on-mars-gene-hunt.jpg

BTW, I have seen The Mousetrap twice, both times in the same theatre.
Once when I was a student, once much later, with my kids.

I won't print a spoiler, but there's a line in the play when the bad guy/girl reveals him/herself. The second time, I was sitting in a back-row and watched the audience. A sort of sigh went through the whole space, like a breeze. Great fun.

Cees

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
aaaaawwww Cees come on... [hugs Cees] we'll always have Testy.... now now... everything will be alright... here dry your eyes... we're just leaving the European Union forever that's all... never to return... blame David Cameron for calling our bluff... :)

Btw I didn't see that picture in my email notification and was very curious to see what you've discovered. :eek:

You should see the big headline on one of our papers Cees - FREEDOM! - I thought it was an ad for Braveheart. :D

You saw The Mousetrap you lucky man, spoil it for us go on, I dare you. I double dare you... don't worry nobody here will ever see that play I guarantee it. It's funny that they've never made a movie of the Mousetrap maybe it was something Agatha Christou insisted on? :3dglasses:

Last edited:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
It once was said that life begins at 40. For the Brits it's now life begins at 50.

Maybe this bloke was right after all.

charles_de_gaulle_paris.jpg

Churchill always thought that Britain should be a friend to, but outside of, a United States of Europe.

In all this urgent work, France and Germany must take the lead together.

Great Britain, the British Commonwealth of Nations, mighty America, and I trust Soviet Russia - for then indeed all would be well - must be the friends and sponsors of the new Europe and must champion its right to live and shine.

http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/astonish.html

Last edited:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Dennis, I've just been reading the letter the PM handed over to EU President Tusk and this is how it starts -

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty...

.... oops wrong one sorry - ah here it is, first paragraph -

On 23 June last year, the people of the United Kingdom voted to leave the European Union. As I have said before, that decision was no rejection of the values we share as fellow Europeans. Nor was it an attempt to do harm to the European Union or any of the remaining member states. On the contrary, the United Kingdom wants the European Union to succeed and prosper. Instead, the referendum was a vote to restore, as we see it, our national self-determination. We are leaving the European Union, but we are not leaving Europe - and we want to remain committed partners and allies to our friends across the continent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39431070.

Not exactly the Gettysburg Address, but it'll do

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
You saw The Mousetrap you lucky man, spoil it for us go on, I dare you. I double dare you... don't worry nobody here will ever see that play I guarantee it. It's funny that they've never made a movie of the Mousetrap maybe it was something Agatha Christou insisted on? :3dglasses:

Oi! I sawed that Moustrap play! My high school put it on and since I had a couple of friends in the theater I had to go watch them perform it. It was pretty good.I don't remember much of it since it was a play and I retain plays even worse than I do movies.

461137_770x517.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russ, you're literally the last person in our group I expected to have seen the Mousetrap, congrats on surprising me dude! :)

I saw the play Count Dracula once, a long time ago in Shaftesbury Avenue, West Side Story Oscar winner George Chakiris played Dracula and Roy Dotrice (Mozarts dad in Amadeus) played Van Helsing. I remember enjoying it but it's fading from memory.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Oh yeah, I've seen all sorts of plays! Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber debuted the touring version of Aspects of Love in Edmonton and I saw it on a school trip. I fell asleep, couldn't tell you a thing about it. Saw some Harold Robbins one too, but I can't remember the name. I hate stagecraft, the theater isn't for me. I'll take a concert over any play, any time. :)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Tory__Theresa_May__3465050b.jpg
European-Council-President-Donald-Tusk.jpg

She told me she worked in the morning, and started to laugh
I told her I didn't and crawled off to sleep in the bath
And when I awoke, I was alone
This bird had flown...

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.