What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Why wish for bacon when you can wish for pizza?

pizza.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russell, Walter, we were talking about Howard the Duck a few days ago, well it seems he has a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy! A CGI'd Howard. At first I thought it was a hoax but I found this page with a photo of the duck and some dialogue.

http://www.businessinsider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-end-credits-scene-2014-7

Anyone planning on seeing this on the big big screen? I'll be going next week and I hope Howard is in the film and not an elaborate internet joke. :)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I saw a report somewhere that discussed Howard's inclusion in the closing credits (?) and flashed back to this discussion as well. I don't see much theatrically these days, but this film might get me to the cinema. I've been seeing the cast on various talk shows promoting the film and the general tone of the film has sparked my interest. As an old geezer, I have to admit that the '70s and '80s soundtrack has caught my attention. Advertisements for the film this week have used 'Spirit in the Sky' and 'Hooked on a Feeling' to promote the film and they have both been effective.

- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I haven't been to the cinema in months Walter, X-Men Days was the last film I saw. I missed Godzilla, Edge of Tomorrow and Transformers, the first two I should have gone but Transformers had bad reviews which put me off.

According to Deadline news Guardians of the Galaxy might be heading for a $90m + weekend in the US which is great news. Another hit for Marvel and the reviews have been stellar. Really looking forward to seeing this and I will stay for the credits this time. :)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
No plans for me to see Guardians yet. I'm behind on the Marvel movies, not yet seen Captain America 2 or the latest X-Men. I've not watched that Avengers show either, and apparently it links up with Cpt America and I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING ANYMORE!

It's weird that CGI Howard looks worse than live action Howard.

I watched ACE IN THE HOLE this week. Now that was one HELL of a movie! On the criterion there is a profile on Billy Wilder, and it ends with him walking with the guy who's interviewing him and the final line is Wilder saying "You're reading to much into this. I work for a year and half on two hours (of film). Who gives a shit?" :lol:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hoho nice and I'll bet a lot of the old directors would say the same thing to all the so called 'movie historians' over-analyzing each film, except Hitchcock he loved chatting and analyzing his films.

You're right an expensive CGI'd Howard won't look as convincing as the midget in a costume Howard. They might do what they did with Dawn of the Apes and use a photo realistic duck flapping its beak. Wait a minute there weren't any photo realistic ducks in Dawn of the Planet was there? Thats another biggie I missed at the cinema btw tsk tsk

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I forgot about Dawn too ha ha. I don't know, they're all digital now anyways, might as well wait for blu-ray right?

There's talk that Quinton Tarantino has decided to move forward with THE HATEFUL EIGHT and shoot it in 70mm. Now that I'll go out to see, provided a theater in town is capable of actually showing it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
There's talk that Quinton Tarantino has decided to move forward with THE HATEFUL EIGHT and shoot it in 70mm. Now that I'll go out to see, provided a theater in town is capable of actually showing it.
As long as ITS got a photo-realistic duck in it!

Nah...I'll see it anyway. I'll see anything Tarantino puts out.

It was never my intention to become a fan of Tarantino films. It was just one of those self-realization things for me how much I really liked the way he told his stories.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Steve Christou said:
Russell, Walter, we were talking about Howard the Duck a few days ago, well it seems he has a cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy! A CGI'd Howard. At first I thought it was a hoax but I found this page with a photo of the duck and some dialogue.

http://www.businessinsider.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-end-credits-scene-2014-7

Anyone planning on seeing this on the big big screen? I'll be going next week and I hope Howard is in the film and not an elaborate internet joke. :)
Walter Kittel said:
Steve, I saw a report somewhere that discussed Howard's inclusion in the closing credits (?) and flashed back to this discussion as well. I don't see much theatrically these days, but this film might get me to the cinema. I've been seeing the cast on various talk shows promoting the film and the general tone of the film has sparked my interest. As an old geezer, I have to admit that the '70s and '80s soundtrack has caught my attention. Advertisements for the film this week have used 'Spirit in the Sky' and 'Hooked on a Feeling' to promote the film and they have both been effective.

- Walter.
I will likely see the film tomorrow.

And I love the use of those 2 songs in the trailer!! "Spirit in the Sky" is such a classic and such a great song.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
They could call it Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
That would be Lucy in the Sky on the Diamonds.

I watched Lucy because I really like Luc Besson films. I thought that Scarlett did a good job
with what she was given but the story itself was kind of a dud. If you have seen the trailer
then you pretty much have seen the film.

I watched 24 Season 9 and even though I liked it I thought they should have gone with
the traditional 23 episodes instead of only doing 13 and having the season finale skip
ahead 12 hours in the day.

You guys have made me really hungry for a good BLT with fresh garden tomatoes,
homemade bread, bacon and some mayo. That and some good ol' navy beans on
corn bread with fried potatoes. I can feel the cholesterol oozing out of my pores
already.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Steve Christou said:
mmm nice. I see the fluffenmeister has been busy. What are you hunting today Dennis, wabbit?

Here's one you missed

spotted-dick.jpg
Dave: Open the spotty dick, Hal.
Hal: I'm sorry, Dave I can't do that.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy today. It was very entertaining, and Chris Pratt made a likeable lead. Of course, my favorites were Rocket and Groot. (Rocket still doesn't sound like Bradley Cooper to me.) I actually found the interactions between the characters the best part -- sometimes, my attention wandered a bit during the "things blowing up" parts. Some good 80's songs (yay, Raspberries!), though I wish there had been even more.

I've never seen so many people stay for the after credits scene before. They seemed a little baffled by it.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
It will be interesting to see what the weekend box off take ends up being for GOTG.

Lots of buzz about it already. I have had about 6 co-workers tonight alone say they are going to
be seeing it this weekend. I haven't had that many people talk about wanting to see a movie
this much in over a couple of years.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
$94 million box office, exceeding expectations. Excellent!

I have a feeling "Expendables 3" is going to pale in comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.