What's new

Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Steve Christou said:
Alias was another series that would end on a cliffhanger or jaw-dropping revelation at the end of each episode, forcing me to spend entire evenings watching the show. At least Jennifer Garner was a lot more pleasant to look at than Kiefer.

attachicon.gif
alias.jpg
That was a great show, especially the first couple of seasons.
That look on Bradley Cooper's face when he finally found out about Sydney!

But hey now, I don't mind looking at Kiefer.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Elizabeth S said:
That look on Bradley Cooper's face
Ah yes Bradley, soon to be even more famous as the voice of... Rocket Raccoon! [bites fist]

I'm enjoying 24 so far, not quite on the level of those first few seasons but still good.

Did you know Kiefer Sutherland was born in London? True. His dad is Canadian. Also an actor, Donald Sutherland can be spotted in such movies as[STOP IT STEVE!]

Okay I've still got Game of Thrones to watch and 13 episodes of a 2013 series called Almost Human, anybody seen this? I saw the trailer at youtube looks interesting, set in the future Karl Urban plays a cop who's partner is killed, he hates robots and you guessed it his new partner is a robot, a bit derivative of other sci-fi, I, Robot, Alien Nation etc.

I also have 2 episodes of Extant, starring Halle Berry waiting to be viewed. I hope it's good.

View attachment 12042
extant poster b.jpg

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
and 13 episodes of a 2013 series called Almost Human, anybody seen this?
It was serviceable. Probably the single most enjoyable aspect of the show was the relationship between Karl Urban and Michael Ealy. It kind of jumped around a little bit and Fox messed with the the broadcast order. It had some pretty clever ideas from time to time, but didn't really seem to come together. I would have continued watching the series if it had been renewed. Worth a look, just for Urban & Ealy.

I used to see how many references to Blade Runner I could pick up in an episode. Some obvious, some more subtle.

- Walter.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Thanks Walter, I'll watch a couple of episodes and decide whether to carry on.

I miss watching good sci-fi on TV, there was so much of it back in the 90's. Battlestar Galactica was the last really good sci-fi show I watched. I have to confess I'm not a Dr Who fan, strange coming from a Brit, but the last time I was into Dr. Who was in the early 70's. Jon Pertwee was my favorite Time Lord.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Battlestar Galactica was the last really good sci-fi show I watched.

For me, the last really good SF show had to be Fringe and to a lesser extent Alphas which was sadly cancelled after season two on a cliff-hanger ending. :(

- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
After you've finished 24, Steve...you'll have to come over to the 24 thread in the TV section and give your impression.

But don't come any earlier. Way too many spoilers. It would totally ruin the event for you.

=================

It's definitely not hard to see which parent Keifer favors...

x950.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm not a fan of any of the current sci-fi shows. That said, ORPHAN BLACK looks interesting. Not interesting enough for me to watch, a least not yet ha ha. That Halle Berry show is getting a big push, but I just don't like her. I tried watching season two of UNDER THE DOME, but it's just so terrible I gave up after 15 minutes.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Droogs I'm watching the first episode of Extant. Halle Berry has not aged well, unlike say Sharon Stone who is still gorgeous at 56. Berry here looks like a middle-aged Indian woman.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Steve Christou said:
Droogs I'm watching the first episode of Extant.

Halle Berry has not aged well, unlike say Sharon Stone who is still gorgeous at 56. Berry here looks like a middle-aged Indian woman.
speechless-smiley-020.gif
Say whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!

This was just a few months ago:

video-undefined-1C02932C00000578-270_636x355.jpg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS STEEF! :lol:

I've never liked her acting, always thought her crap. Maybe they gave her weird make-up in the show? She looks ashen in the commercials. So does she have an alien baby? Is that the show, raising alien babies?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
She looks better in that photo but still looks a little gaunt. Maybe its just this episode. She was so cute back in the 90's. I'm looking at her now on screen, does not look very attractive. Looks Indian or Pakistani.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I really liked "Almost Human", mostly for the Urban/Ealy chemistry.

I'm recording "Extant", but have not seen any yet. I sometimes end up deleting stuff if I feel overwhelmed, though. And Halle is not a favorite of mine, so we'll see.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Russell G said:
I'm not a fan of any of the current sci-fi shows. That said, ORPHAN BLACK looks interesting. Not interesting enough for me to watch, a least not yet ha ha. That Halle Berry show is getting a big push, but I just don't like her. I tried watching season two of UNDER THE DOME, but it's just so terrible I gave up after 15 minutes.
I barely made it through Season 1 of "Under the Dome" and didn't attempt to watch this season. I have a guy at work, however, who tells me everything that happened -- just because he wants to.

I plan to watch "Orphan Black" eventually.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I might bite the bullet and watch season 4 of Gamez of Thronez next week. I still have two, maybe three seasons of the shockingly stupid True Blood to watch, but I figure I'll wait for this last one to wrap then binge it.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I'll probably start Game of Thrones on monday. I'll finish off 24 tonight, just 3 episodes left.

Yeah True Blood has gotten really silly in the last couple of seasons, it started off so well with horny vampires and then it was werewolves, witches, demons, fairies etc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.