What's new

Testy Area 51 (2 Viewers)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Nu, Na, No, Ne, Ni, Nanu Nanu and hey nonny nonny!

I really enjoyed X-Men Dawn of the Sentinels, probably the best of the X-Men series so far. Not as much action as I was expecting but the story is so engaging and fast moving you don't really notice that nothing particularly spectacular is happening (until the climax) in a film that reportedly cost north of $200m. Another reason I enjoyed it so much is the time travel aspect, I was always a sucker for time travel stories and looking back on it now the entire film looks like it was created to erase the events in Brett Ratner's X-Men: Last Stand from the X-Men timeline. Very clever. :D

Jennifer Lawrence is cute as Mystique, her role and importance considerably beefed up now the actress has become so famous, and Evan Peters as Quicksilver almost steals the show in a fun sequence where he helps free Magneto from his Pentagon prison, I wish there was more of Peter Dinklage as the central villain of the piece, he creates robots, Sentinels, that can single out and destroy mutants.

Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy, Ian McKellen, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, all excellent in their roles. I didn't stay to see the post credits scene and I don't think there was a clip during the credits.

I give it 4 sentinels out of 5. (I still think Cap 2 is the best comic book / action film so far this year)

jennifer-x-men-comic-con-3.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hmmmm, I wasn't planning to see X-Men, but now I'm reconsidering. I do have a problem with time travel involved stories, though -- I can get very confused.

I saw Chef this past weekend. Fun little movie and I wanted to eat some of that stuff!

I watched The Guilt Trip from a free-view of EPIX channel. It was OK. Barbra looks amazing.

Mike, cute puppy! I've never had a dog, but I'm planning to get a kitten when I feel more settled at my place.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Naming a dog after me. That would be a first. And the puppy is much better looking than I am too. Damn dog! :)

I have two daughters. A 30 year old and a 14 year old. The 30 year old I inherited when I married Sue.
The 14 year old was either going to be an unexpected pregnacy in a 47 year old woman or uterine
cancer. And my wife was pissed because she was classified as a Geriatric OB and couldn't even get
a discount at Walmart. My 14 year old has turned my wife in a raving lune and they can't be in the same
room together for more than 15 nanoseconds before they start yelling at one another usually over nothing
at all. The 30 year old just finished her PhD in voice. She is a Mezzo Soprano. She hasn't called her mom
in over 2 years. Fun times.

I plan on watching this latest X Men(to) movie. I have heard more than one person tell me they really liked
it and with Steve's 3 Ni endorcement that makes me want to stream it online even sooner. :)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Dennis Nicholls said:
Don't overlook adopting an adult cat. You can more easily pick a personality you prefer.

Shameless plug for the shelter where I work one morning a week.
http://simplycats.org/
I read the cat forum from time to time and some people prefer adults for that reason. I'm not sure I can resist a kitten. I heard that the humane society has long lines before opening when there are kittens available. It kind of puzzles me why they always have a shortage of kittens. I know people want them, but I would imagine a lot of them being brought in. I have purposely kept away from the humane society these last 2 months because I'm not quite ready.

Simply Cats looks wonderful. I would surely go there if I was there. I like how they have them labeled as "Personal Assistant", "Secret Admirer", etc. by personality types.
Mike Frezon said:
Be sure to post a pic when that happens Elizabeth! Have you had a cat before?
I sure will! I had a cat when I was about 10 years old. I had been asking my parents for a long time, then a stray cat conveniently had kittens in our garage shed. I got to pick one to keep. :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
It's a great poster Mike, can't believe it's caused such a ruckus. Good publicity for the film I suppose.

70 years ago Howard Hughes poster for The Outlaw dropped jaws on it's appearance, gasp, think of the children!!!

the outlaw.jpg

Whoa! Jane Russell the original Double-D Girl, takes your breath away doesn't it? :)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Lovely cat Dennis, never had a ginger cat, I've had black and tabby cats, the last was a tabby.
Now I only have goldfish, ginger goldfish.

That second poster was a question a lot of members seem to be wondering about here these days, usually followed with "was it the genuine article?".

"Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor" Watching The Longest Day, what else? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.