What's new

Testy Area 51 (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Osborne bribes Disney - SW VII to be shot in Britain.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/media/10050750/George-Osborne-announces-new-Star-Wars-film-will-be-made-in-UK.html
Mr Osborne said: "I am delighted that Star Wars is coming back to Britain. Today’s announcement that the next Star Wars film will be shot and produced in the UK is great news for fans and our creative industries, and it is clear evidence that our incentives are attracting the largest studios back to the UK.
Would I get "warning points" for posting a comment in the Telegraph story?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm with Russell, IM 3 was meh for me.Too much Stark and not enough actuall IM.didn't like the villains, maybe they had too much power or just didn't fit in an Iron Man story.Didn't like what they did with Mandarin.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Watched Star Trek Into Darkness last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. There are plenty of twists I didn't see coming. I can't say much more without spoiling it. Suffice to say Abrams, Pine, Quinto, Cumberbatch etc are very good liars when it comes to interviews regarding their film. :3dglasses:

It is more Star Wars than Star Trek with a dash of Indiana Jones for good measure, I would say there is too much action in this movie and engineering still looks like an oil refinery.

All the cast do great work and Cumberbatch is Star Trek's best villain since Ricardo Montalban's Khaaaaaaan!

Did you know the Enterprise can pass for a submarine too? Yes this isn't your father's Star Trek, or your mothers.

Highly recommended and I'm looking forward to seeing it again. 5 out of 5.

Going by this, Star Wars is in good hands.

star_trek_into_darkness_2.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Elizabeth S said:
I saw Francois Ozon's In the House today. Quite an interesting film, as is much of Ozon's filmography.
Remember. You can't spell Francois Ozon without Frezon.

Exciting review, Steve. I hope to get there soon.

Did you see it 2-D or 3-D?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Mike, I saw STID in 2D, the friend I was with gets dizzy watching 3D, so I'll have to wait a few months before I see it in 3D.

But it sure looked nice and bright in 2D. :)

Oh yes we get to see Klingons in this film, and they look a little different.

Next up - Superman Rebooted. (and he's not wearing his trademark red pants, shock horror! Think of the children!)

superman-300-jpg_165923.jpg

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
nymphomaniac.jpg

Nymphomaniac. Lovely title and the new film by controversial director Lars Von Trier.

Somewhere in the photo above is Willem Dafoe, Uma Thurman, Shia LaBeouf, Christian Slater, Udo Kier, Jamie Bell, Stellan Skarsgard and Connie Nielsen. Can you spot them?

(Click on the image to magnify)
Leave it to Danish provocateur Lars Von Trier to open a four-hour sex-o-rama on Christmas Day. Zentropa Entertainments and Scandinavian distributor Nordisk Film have set the world premiere of Nymphomaniac for Copenhagen in December with the local theatrical release on December 25. As Zentropa CEO Peter Aalbæk Jensen says, “What’s more Christmassy than a film like this?” Magnolia has U.S. rights. Here’s a new image depicting part of the ensemble cast that includes Charlotte Gainsbourg, Shia LaBeouf, Jamie Bell, Uma Thurman, Willem Dafoe, Stellan Skarsgård, Christian Slater and Connie Nielsen.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/cannes-lars-von-triers-nymphomaniac-sets-christmas-day-release-in-denmark/

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm in, I'm a Von Trier fan and always look forward to his next film.

The poster for this one is a little suggestive:

Nymphomanic-Poster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.