1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Testy Area 51

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Steve Christou, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    8000 posts in one thread? Thats impossible isn't it? Have you called Guinness? If I saw that in wikipedia I wouldn't have believed it or that this thread has been active for nearly 10 years and isn't really about anything, which is why it's lasted for 10 years.

Mike is number 3 and Russell G has never had a chance of overthrowing el supremo even when he's busy writing articles somewhere else. [snorts]

Elizabeth has beaten ChrisDAC and Chris has been here from the beginning or thereabouts. It's good to have that feature back on the forum Mike, cheers.

When can we have our signature pics back? we're not getting any younger.

Russ, I liked Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, slow as molasses in february but keeps you watching. Have you seen Warrior? A new film starring Tom Hardy.

The Avengers superbowl trailer looks great. Can't wait for that, I need my superhero / comicbook movie fix.

Hey Battleship looks huge and impressive, I hope its not this years Battle Los Angeles / Skyline.

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Avengers left me flat. That Captain America redo on the uniform is terrible. Looks silly and campy. Batman should be good hopefully.

Not watched Warrior yet. It's a drama fighting picture so turned into a hard sell for movie nights. The guys will watch Twilight, but not Warrior. I don't know what to think. :P

I can't believe I've posted so much in here. Huh!

3. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    I doubt any of us droogs will post this much in a single thread ever again, it's highly unlikely. It was a unique experience. Like being in our own little club within a much bigger club.

4. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I need to post more. Since Parker and Zen never post, i think i can overtake them. I wont even try to pass Russ.
    I bow to your superior posting skills!
    I watched Cowboys and Aliens last night while my wife watched football.
    Should have been great, but it wasnt. It was just OK.
    A movie with Bond and Indiana Jones....just OK. Sad, isn't it.

5. Elizabeth S

Elizabeth S Producer

Elizabeth S
    [​IMG]

6. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

Rick, a buddy of mine drug me to the theater to see Cowboys and Aliens and I was really disappointed with the film. They simply tried to cram too many elements from too many Westerns into the film and really muddied up the plot of the film.
    I finally viewed a film this past weekend after innumerable hours playing Skyrim and watching football. My first film (home theater) in nearly 3 months was Drive. I know that Russell did not care for the film; but I really enjoyed the film's dreamlike quality, particularly as exemplified by the film's slow tracking shots, and posted more thoughts about it in the review thread.
    - Walter.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I liked Drive Walter, I just couldn't tell if it was supposed to be so hillarious or not. I want to watch it again now that I know what to expect. :)

8. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I know NOTHING about Drive. Except some ladies at work were talking about it. Guess i should head over to YouTube and watch a trailer.
    Walter, i agree with you about Cowboys and Aliens. But i also wonder why is it an alien can have space ships, and yet also still be animal brutes! These aliens had no apparent language, and to me they acted more like "monsters" than aliens...if you know what i mean. The alien who had the scar across his eye seemed to be the only one who had any thought process.

9. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    I never think about using YouTube to watch trailers. I usually head to apple .com or the website of the movie. Lately though I just use my iPad because there is now a trailer app. Besides YouTube seems like a chore for me to find anything that isn't fan made junk.

10. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Fuckin' trailers and the internet, such a pain in the ass! Trailers give way to much of the movies away now so I mostly avoid them since they tend to make movies I'm interested in look stupid. I'm looking at you Avengers...

11. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Yea, YouTube does suck with all the fan trailers. Many times i do fire up the Apple TV to watch trailers. "Drive", must have just kept riding off.
    Now, Act of Valor...wow...that looks bad ass!
    I have high hopes for "Prometheus" too. Based on the trailer! I know, it could still suck, right Russ!

12. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

AE5VI
    This being-in-a-movie business is tiring beyond belief. I've half a mind, the next time someone asks me if I'd like to be in one, to knee him in the groin & make my escape while he's doubled over.

13. FremenDar

FremenDar Extra

Fremen Dar
    I dislike how many trailers on YouTube, especially official ones from the officially sanctioned studio, have the lackluster Apple logo embedded in them. So much for wanting to use DownloadHelper to grab the 1080p versions if this goes on.
    Anyone else enjoy Doctor Who, Quantum Leap, James Bond, playing video games on computer and is overall a lazy sumbitch? How about making their own Blu-rays from high definition DVR broadcasts? No?
    Why are every single DVD and Blu-ray I import from Japan is so expensive?

14. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    [​IMG]

15. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Ohh thats a cool pic Russ!

16. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I watched the 1945 Best Picture The Lost Weekend the other night. Just part of my "I'm going to stay in the hospital as long as I can because it is so much fun" plan.

A very well-written film, the plot does tend to suffer a bit because of the mid-40s sensibilities on dealing with substance abuse.

I thought Ray Milland and Jane Wyman were both terrific in their roles. And it was unique to see Howard da Silva with a full head of hair.

I suppose the strangest thing about the film was the over-use of the theremin in the soundtrack. They were sure to use it during every dramatic (melodramatic?) moment in the film. If you were just listening to the film...you'd swear that Ray Milland was being attacked by aliens from outer space.

17. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Mike, I didn't know you are in the hospital!?
    I know you have been sick, but that must be some hell- pneumonia to put you in the hospital.
    Hope you get better fast! Next year you should take the pneumonia vaccine!

18. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Just a horrible story, Rick. Spent eight days in the hospital from Friday, January 27 through Friday, February 4...all trying to determine what was causing the infection leading to my pneumonia. They have just determined it is Actinomycosis--a fairly rare strain of bacteria...but treatable.

Then, this past Friday, I had to head back to the ER as I really didn't feel well. I was smart to do so as it turned out I had my second round of bilateral pulmonary embolisms! Received a pretty scary treatment in the ER (TPA drugs which can promote bleeding) as they found a huge clot sitting in the pulmonary aorta between my heart and lung. I then spent several days in the ICU and am typing this note from the respiratory/cardiac wing of the hospital (the free wireless internet really sucks!). I'll now be on blood thinners for the rest of my life. Back to giving myself shots of the Lovonox and now I will be a member of the lifetime Cumedin club. Woohoo!

This start to 2012 has been extremely difficult for me. I've been dealing with the pneumonia since after Christmas! Talk about a really long haul...

I coulda used you and Parker in the ER to lend a hand!

19. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Oh wow, Mike, you have been through it! Glad you went back in to the ER!
    Sorry you have to take the Coumadin. They do have other medications that thin your blood, like Pradaxa. But you can only take it for a-fib (right now anyway).
    But hey, just get to feeling better. I will keep you, and your family, in my thoughts!

20. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Thanks, Rick! A lot!

I'm glad I knew I needed to go back to the ER, too. That was a pretty tense time for everyone.