What's new

Testy Area 51 (4 Viewers)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I finally saw The Descendants today. I liked it quite a lot. It was interesting seeing so many familiar sites and scenery. It looks like they actually filmed at Queens Hospital -- details like the wall board with the name of the nurse, contact details, etc. were exactly as I've seen it. Shailene Woodley, who plays Clooney's older daughter, was excellent and a young actress to watch. Clooney is outstanding as well. I didn't like how the set design was a bit too much -- nobody I know has Hawaiian prints and knickknacks around the house as if it were a hotel lobby.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Sherlock Holmes 2 and Mission Impossible 4 have failed to light up the box office, are people getting bored of films? Or sequels? Or maybe people prefer playing video games at home? :)
Maybe. :) Actually I just ran into a bug in Skyrim that completely kills the Thieves Guild story line in its tracks - so I am considering taking a break from gaming and try to get back into films - no viewings this last weekend though. I have a sealed copy of The Rocketeer that is beckoning.
- Walter.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Something about Sherlock Holmes is rubbing me the wrong way. I'll probably still get out to see it though. A friend just told me it was awesome. I'm curious for Mission Impossible 4. I really liked the first and third one of those. This week the new Fincher drops so I'll see that before all the others.

I got in a few movies this weekend. I watched the tv miniseries Stephen Kings Bag Of Bones. A two part documentary on his wife. Just kidding! That's a terrible joke! No it had James Bond being haunted by his wife. It was pretty terrible really. I vaguely remember the book and they went way out to left field in this adaptation going too over board on a story that didn't need it. I also caught Contagion. See what I did there? Now THAT'S a pun! I really liked it! Moral of the film is don't let Gwyeneth Paltrow into your country. Narf!

Walter: What bug did you get on the Theives guild? I have an outstanding misc quest saying to join the guild even though I did all the quests and got the tropheys for it.The only lingering quest I have is a collect a billion things type one, and it still says to join the thieves guild. I hope that's not the bug, I'd hate to have to hall around 29 .5lb items since it wont let you drop quest things.

Steve: I've pretty much stopped reading the RAH reviews. They make little sense and the comments tend to be tripping over themselves to show their extensive book knowledge of film. Blech. I just look for the recommend or not recommend.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russell, I liked your Contagion pun even if I did use a variation of that in hubland about a month ago, they don't get my jokes over there, you droogs get my jokes don't you? eh? guys? *crickets chirping*

I might skip Sherlock and see Ethan Hunt climb that very tall building in Dubai. The director of MI:4 is Brad Bird who did The Incredibles and Iron Giant, two of my favourite animated movies of the past 12 years. This is his first live action film.

Walter, I'd love to have The Rocketeer on blu-ray but it's not out here yet, bastardos!! I may have to import.

Elizabeth, The Descendants has been getting a lot of awards attention, so It should be on the Oscars top 10 list, or is it now a top 20? Top 50? Maybe they'll include Green Lantern if it's a top 50. No? Not even then?

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Russell - After collecting the rubbing of Calcemo's stone translating the Falmer language - Enthir will not respond to my character in the correct manner (at Winterhold.) I walk up to Enthir and he simply states "That's not going to be good for business" or some such nonsense. I had actually completed this part of the quest in a previous character build, so it is puzzling. (I am still running an unpatched version of the game.) Also, I cannot kill the dragon at Autumnwatch because it is already dead - but this is miscellaneous bounty item so not a big dea. Bugs or not, I need to take a break after a solid month of Skyrim.
Steve - I was one of the few who saw The Rocketeer theatrically back in the day and I really loved the film's production design and vision of America during that period. When I heard that Joe Johnston was directing Captain America - I felt then (and still do now) that was an excellent choice given his work on this earlier effort (The Rocketeer.)
- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I love reading the gaming talk between Russell and Walter. I understand NOT A WORD of it!

Over the holidays I am definitely taking my son to MI: 4 in IMAX 3-D. We had such a great experience at the IMAX 3-D showing of HP & the Deathly Hallows Part 2 that I am anxious to try it again.

So, Steve: What's this "Real People?" A supermarket checkout kind of paper? I see that it's printed by the Hearst Corp...so I can only imagine... Someone should make a movie about that guy.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Steve, after I posted that, I though maybe you had done so already over here ha ha. I mean really, how many puns can be made on a film that kind of flu under the radar?

Walter: Sorry to hear that! I haven't ran into any quest killing bugs yet. I've been patching regularly on the PS3 which is reportedly the worst machine to play it on. I'm an ungodly amount of hours into the game, and have only just started the Dark Brotherhood quest line. Which means I still have two more factions on top of picking civil war sides and the main quest still to go. Eeep!

Mike: I want to see MI in IMAX but not 3D. Lame I wont be able to. I probably wont be able to see it even in 2D. Sunglasses at the movies sucks. Maybe I'll skip it after all. :(

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Russell G /t/81187/testy-area-51/28020#post_3880431

Mike: I want to see MI in IMAX but not 3D. Lame I wont be able to. I probably wont be able to see it even in 2D. Sunglasses at the movies sucks. Maybe I'll skip it after all. :(
I'm no fan of 3-D at the cinema, either, Russell. But the IMAX 3-D experience we had at HP&tDHP2 was...different. Awesome, in fact.

No commercials. A special introduction telling us about the visual/aural experience we were about to have. A couple of 3-D trailers and then a beautiful image/sound experience. Maybe it is just better on the big screen?!?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Russell, as far as I know MI4 wasn't made in 3D, nor was Sherlock Holmes 2. Does anyone know for sure? IMDB is useless in this respect.

Mike, Real People, yeah thats all we need. Why are people so interested in other people's lives? Is life so boring?

Walter, I enjoyed Captain America but thought it could have been better, it looked like it was all filmed on a set. Look at Raiders of the Lost Ark in comparison, an outdoor adventure. But I enjoyed all of this years superhero movies, I'm not a fusspot. Next years should be better, I hope.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Steve Christou /t/81187/testy-area-51/28020#post_3880443
Walter, I enjoyed Captain America but thought it could have been better, it looked like it was all filmed on a set. Look at Raiders of the Lost Ark in comparison, an outdoor adventure. But I enjoyed all of this years superhero movies, I'm not a fusspot. Next years should be better, I hope.
I'm hoping for some good films next year. Avengers I have my fingers crossed. What else is there for superheros? Ghost Rider 2? Oh, New Spider-Man. none of them are giving me chills.

There's a sequel to Clash Of The Titans, called Wrath Of the Titans. I'm pretty sure Sam Worthington owns a photo of Hollywood blowing a tranny.How else are these getting made? I don't know anyone who liked that first remake. Hell, most people don't like Harryhausen's original! Yet we have a sequel? Is the foreign market really that shit and starved for movies? Release the Kraken indeed.

e24dc56d_wrath-of-the-titans-movie-poster-01.jpeg

Feel the wrath... uh... no thanks.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Oh yes, i remember that one too. Cathy Lee Crosby...i especially remember her...
Do you remember the Wonder Woman pilot that Cathy Lee Crosby did? I had a thing for her, but she was not Wonder Woman quality.
YouTube has everything...

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Yeah that pilot is on the DVD sets I think. Some of those shows, seeing them now, it's like they're from another planet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.