Lido, whoa-oh-oh-oh....
He's for the money, he's for the show
Lido's a-waitin' for another go
Lido, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh....

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Hmmm, that's what that song is about. I'm usually attentive to lyrics, but some songs I somehow never "catch" them.
Referring above. . . I like "Kinky Boots". :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Elizabeth S /t/81187/testy-area-51/27930#post_3868316
Hmmm, that's what that song is about. I'm usually attentive to lyrics, but some songs I somehow never "catch" them.
Lido Shuffle is an "important" song from my youth...senior year of high school. One of my favorites. Every time I hear it...it really takes me back.

I've always had a tough time catching the lyrics to this song (Boz didn't make it easy!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Steven Spielberg interviewed on the set of War Horse by Empire magazine -

Empire - How do you feel about Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull now?

Spielberg - I'm very happy with the movie, always have been. I never liked the MacGuffin, George and I had a big arguement about the MacGuffin. I didn't want those things to be aliens or inter-dimensional beings. But I'm loyal to my best friend. When he writes a story he believes in, even if I don't believe it, I'm going to shoot the movie the way he envisaged it and I'll add my own touches to it. What people really jumped on is Indy climbing into a refrigerator and getting blown into the sky by an atom bomb blast. Blame me. Don't blame George. That was my silly idea. People stopped saying "jump the shark" they now say "nuked the fridge". I'm proud of that. I'm glad I was able to bring that into popular culture.

ae728e90_Indycrystalskull2008.jpeg

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
It would look better without the sculpted abs.

and maybe a little less cock and balls....

Me thinks I've envisaged too much!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Mike Frezon said:
Lido Shuffle is an "important" song from my youth...senior year of high school.  One of my favorites.  Every time I hear it...it really takes me back. 
I've always had a tough time catching the lyrics to this song (Boz didn't make it easy!  :D ).  I recently found THIS THREAD in which people had a pretty tough time even figuring out their meaning after they saw what the lyrics actually are!  :laugh:
That thread trying to interpret the song was so interesting!!
I have to find out the backstory and meaning of "Daniel" now.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
So last night I watched Salo Or the 120 Days Of Sodom for the first time in all it's hi def poop eating glory. Wow. It's certainly an experience.I can't say I loved it, but it was certianly effective and I'm curious to revisit it again in the future.

In other news, my copy of Criterion's Island Of Lost Souls arrived! In glorious blu! And it has a short film made by DEVO in the 70's included as a bonus! I missed that in the press release! Can't wait to spin it!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I want that Criterion Island of Lost Souls Russ, I'm going to have to import! [bites fist] I want Godzilla too! [bites knee]

This is one of the strangest movie posters I've seen, what does it mean? Has Kubrick seen it?

eff34c84_Strangelove001.png

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I just got Island of Lost Souls Blu on Criterion, too. As well as Kubrick's The Killing. I'm waiting for the Three Colors Trilogy to be released next week.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The Killing is a great presentation Liz, Killers Kiss is a pretty good film in it's own right and a great bonus. I have Three Colours Trilogy on order too. I've never seen them, but have heard so many great things that I have to check it out. and the price is right. And Julie Delpy is in one of them. :P I also have DePalmas Blow Out on it's way to me, pre-orders for Rushmore, 12 Angry Men and will be getting Godzilla too.

Criterion is my Warner Brothers now ha ha. I used to buy nearly a boxset a month from Warners. Now they went archives and get none of my money. Criterion is filling the spot.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I skipped the early Kubrick's on Bd; something I may have to correct someday. Particularly enjoyed Sterling Hayden in The Killing.
Of the upcoming Criterion releases looking forward to revising Kieslowski's Three Colors. I'd rate White (the central film with Julie Delpy) as the weakest of the three but still well worth viewing. Blue (with Juliette Binoche) is my favorite of the three films - especially in terms of cinematography.
Looking forward to Belle De Jour and Design for Living from Criterion as well.
City of God will be released in December and I really hope the Bd does the film's cinematography justice. Another highly anticipated title for me.
- Walter.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'm on the fence with blind buying Belle De Jour ha ha. I also have that Sabu set on pre-order. And The Lady Vanishes. Is it sad that I have so much on pre-order that I forgot two titles? Let's not answer that.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by ChristopherDAC /t/81187/testy-area-51/27960#post_3868943
Three Colors is a total rip-off. I mean, one of them is White!
That's why I made sure to get it a third off :P

Neat fake posters!

dce8ceab_they_live_poster_by_markwelser-d4deiiw.jpeg

be1e3957_the_thing_poster_by_markwelser-d464gjy.jpeg

eea8a13a_the_shining_poster_by_markwelser-d2yfa38.jpeg

675528b2_inception_poster_by_markwelser-d2ybmhp.jpeg

Enjoy 11-11-11 everybody.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I saw The Skin I Live in today. Been a while since I'd seen an Almodovar film. I wasn't liking the film too much for the first 30 minutes, but then the pieces fell into place. Turned out to be quite a good film. Elena Anaya looks lovely in this -- had only seen her in smaller roles before.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
No new films for me. I might go and see Immortals in 3-D since there isn't anything else I find interesting. Tintin? hmmm naah.Why is Spielberg wasting his talents on a cartoon? Don't get me wrong I love animation but that doesn't mean I want to see Roland Emmerich try his hand at animation. Immortals has been censored a bit over here to get that all important 15 rating. But I've read that it's visually gorgeous and the 3D very effective. hmmm

I picked up the Blu-ray to Silent Running from my local HMV, £15, packed with extras inc commentary by director Douglas Trumbull and Bruce Dern, 4 documentaries, isolated score, DTS audio and a 48 page booklet. Take that Criterion!!

ebc58b1b_SilentRunningblu-ray.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.