What's new

Testy Area 51 (3 Viewers)

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Mike Frezon said:
Aaaaargh!  WHY?!?  WHY didn't I check amazon.uk?!? 
Have you watched these yet, Elizabeth?!?  I could be a little concerned about "Optimum Home Entertainment."  I am unfamiliar with them.  And you are sure these are region-free?
And, I'm assuming this is the release you got?!?

Mike Frezon said:
Never mind.  Just found info elsewhere confirming these will play in the US and that the transfers are good. 
I guess I'll be sending those DVDs back...
I'd still be curious to hear if you've spun them up yet.
Yes, that is the release I got. Cheaper than the 2 titles separately. I am hoping to watch them this weekend. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Walter Kittel said:
/t/81187/testy-area-51/27900#post_3865906
Yes, that is the release I got. Cheaper than the 2 titles separately. I am hoping to watch them this weekend.
I pulled the trigger...which meant I could also order the UK release of the 3-disc blu of Ben Hur. Now I have to figure out how to make a return to amazon of the Musketeer dvds which are already on their way to me.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
But Ihave the same complaint as I do with each one of these films: it is too confusing keeping track of which robot is good and which robot is bad.
I would agree with that observation in the first film - where the action was filmed / created in such a manner that the robots were nearly indistinguishable at times. I believe that filmmakers took that criticism to heart though and addressed this, at least to some extent, in the sequels. For my money the sequences with the robots are filmed much more coherently in the second and third films. Optimus Prime is almost always recognizable because of the blue / red / flames paint work regardless of the film, but some of the other robots - not so much. I kind of agree, kind of disagree; if that makes any sense. :)
- Walter.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can give you, Walter, that I usually recognized Optimus Prime and whoever the red dude was that was leading the bad guys. But outside of those two and Bumblebee...I was lost.

They really give the appearance of being rather complex machines. Yet, they sure can sustain lots of damage and lose lots of parts and yet keep on ticking. It's also kind of amusing that they exclaim in pain when they get something stuck in their eye!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Does anyone here have experience with returning things to amazon?

The strangest thing just happened. I received my DVD of the two pack of The Three Musketeers and Four Musketeers in today's mail and just went to my amazon account. It is very easy to access that order and there's a drop-down menu to select "the action you want to take." So, I go through the steps to return the item and explain that I don't need it any more and want a refund.

The next thing I know amazon is telling me that I don't need to return the item! Because I'm a valued customer, they said "it's on us!" and they will process my refund of $11+ anyway.

Goodness gracious.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/81187/testy-area-51/27900#post_3866046
They really give the appearance of being rather complex machines. Yet, they sure can sustain lots of damage and lose lots of parts and yet keep on ticking. It's also kind of amusing that they exclaim in pain when they get something stuck in their eye!

Don't even get me started!

Amazon must of decided it would cost more to deal with your return then it was worth. Now I feel like I missed out since I got a couple of books that ended up being just terrible and I wont read them. It was advertised as compilation of comics but it's two volumes of indexes for the comics! Such a rip! I've had them for a month now so I doubt I'll get a deal on returning them. Plus it's Amazon.ca which is nowhere near as friendly as the yank one.

That said, I did have an error with one disc of that Harold Lloyd set from a few years ago and they sent me a whole new set without wanting the bum one back. So maybe that's just how they roll?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Russell G said:
Don't even get me started! ../../../img/vbsmilies/htf/laugh.gif
Imagine the IT staff that Animatrons (or whatever they're called) must have to keep those things running! They must not be Windows-based?!?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon /t/81187/testy-area-51/27900#post_3866076
Does anyone here have experience with returning things to amazon?

The strangest thing just happened. I received my DVD of the two pack of The Three Musketeers and Four Musketeers in today's mail and just went to my amazon account. It is very easy to access that order and there's a drop-down menu to select "the action you want to take." So, I go through the steps to return the item and explain that I don't need it any more and want a refund.

The next thing I know amazon is telling me that I don't need to return the item! Because I'm a valued customer, they said "it's on us!" and they will process my refund of $11+ anyway.

Goodness gracious.

Wow, if only more companies were that nice! Another company sent me a computer game instead of the DVD I wanted, the buggers wanted the computer game back when I phoned them. Maybe I should have kept quiet, games cost more than DVDs. :)

d3489644_tumblr_lsqef5bX4V1r4n4cxo1_500.gif

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I finished up the horror challenge with 56 Films Watched, 45 First timers. my worst showing I think. that said, I did watch more then just horror films for once. My grand total for the month including everything was 64 movies, 52 first timers. And that doesn't include the Planet Earth docs since I still have three of those... RIDICULOUS!

As far as the movies go, most were kind of crappy since I concentrated on Britain Video Nasties list. Some were quite good, like Insidious from earlier this year, some were very disturbing but good like A Serbian Film from last year, and some were better then should of been, like Gestapos Last Orgy.

I wont be watching many movies this month. There's a new video game coming out, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim that has me in such a froth I plan to spend the better part of a weeks holidays playing it. RIDICULOUS! :P That said, I got that Laurel and Hardy essential set that I'll be spinning off and on. Watched the first three halloween night, I'm pretty pleased with the blind buy. I never really watched any of their films, just seen clips.

Anyone excited for Immortals? I loved 300, but this one just looks off. Going to try to snag a pass from the comic shop.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Immortals might be good but it does look too much like 300 in concept, it's all green screen again. I'll catch it on disc.

I bought a couple of books from Amazon recently -

Oeuvre - Drew Struzan - packed with high quality film posters from one of the greats.

Hardware - The Definitive SF Works of Chris Foss - Full of gorgeous paintings and Chris Foss was the subject of my most viewed hub.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I enjoyed the Ulla links Mike, brought back memories it did. I was so nutty in those days, was that really me? I was lucky in that I had a bunch of jokers here with me or it would have been very dull indeed.

The new Bond film is called Skyfall it was on the tv news just now, I mean how many films get a news report just to tell us the title? Wow!

At least its better than the usual Tomorrow Lives Forever or Dying is Not Enough or Thunderpussy or Moonball.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.