1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Testy Area 51

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Steve Christou, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

2. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Something for Rick

3. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    [​IMG]

4. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    Wow, someone had some time on their hands! Sad thing is you have to be over 35 to get it. Thanks for sharing Russ.
    Speaking of people with a lot of time. I couldnt believe all the Star Wars pics i have seen that show all the changes to the original holy trilogy. Half of that stuff i would NEVER notice. Like the landing bay on the death star from Star Wars, changed to match the one seen in Jedi!?

5. ChristopherDAC

ChristopherDAC Producer

AE5VI
    I've spent the last 25 days travelling. On Saturday, I climbed the Acropolis in Athens with my 87-year-old grandmother, at the end of a week-long Aegean cruise. Before that, I was in New York (having gone cross-country by train), appearing in a documentary film, and before that I was in Reno, attending the World Science Fiction Convention. I'm thinking of adding "Gentleman Adventurer" to my business cards.

6. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Sounds like quite the adventure Chris, very cool indeed.

As for all the Star Wars pics and such, I'm with you Rick. I would never, ever catch the majority of those issues, changes, and so on and so forth in these films... and frankly, I really don't care at all about them. I just like to sit back and enjoy them for what they are...movies! That's it, there just movies. Why people get so bent out of shape and up in arms is so far beyond me it's in another galaxy, one that's very far, far, away. I can only laugh because it is nothing but funny.

I will say this, Friday cannot get here soon enough.

7. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Wow! A heck of a walk for a 82 year old! Well done! Hopefully it wasn't blazing hot. It was blazing hot when I did it, and the water fountain at the top was on the fritz. Still worth it though!

2 more sleeps to Star Warz! BOOOOM! Steve probably has it all ready. Nice of him to not lord it over us. I would be lording it over everybody. :P

8. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Steve must be lost somewhere in that galaxy far, far away...

9. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Or captured by Jawas and being de-greased in the Sandcrawler...

10. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    I've just finished writing my 24th Bond hub, 22 part of the series and 2 rogue Bonds. I'm bored of Bond I want to enjoy a few space adventures in a galaxy far far away.

[​IMG]

I bought the Star Wars box set on monday, £67! Yikes can't remember the last time I spent so much money on movies. I've watched Star Wars and it looks better than ever, you can tell from the opening scene of the star destroyer flying overhead that there is a lot more detail now, also noticable R2D2 and C3P0 have a lot more dirt and dents on them now than before, damn those restorationilistists!!

Watched some of the deleted scenes, fascinating, you get to see Han Solo with a girlfriend in the robots-restricted alien cantina, ooh er! And Greedo voiced in English by the guy inside the costume, hysterical stuff, no wonder Han Solo shot first!

[​IMG]

11. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Nice! Since you watched A New Hope, did you notice matte boxes around the tie fighters? Some guy in the member review thread talked about them. I wont care one way or the other, I'm buying this as soon as I get to the shop on Friday ha ha

12. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Hmmm he probably had his way too bright, I didn't notice the matte boxes but by then I was enjoying the film. I remember seeing the matte boxes on one of the video releases back in the 80's. Still enjoyed the film.

13. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    [​IMG]

14. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    YUMMY!

15. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Oh, and while I will not post them here...who else has seen the nude photos of Scarlett Johansson? All I have to say is a bit of digging once you do a google search and BAM! She took these of herself using her cell phone and someone jacked them off her phone. The FBI is even involved.

I am willing to bet their fake, but it's still fun to wonder. What if there not?

16. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Star Wars day is here! VRRRRROOOOM, SCHRRRRRMM! *Waves imaginary light sabre about*

I'm excited, can't wait to get off work and buy it. I might be able to even squeeze in a film tonight! I'm debating on what order to watch these. Do you watch them episode 1-6 as numbered, or by release date where the original trilogy fairs better? What to do what to do?!?!?!?!?

Other sites are giving the set pretty good reviews. lots of 8/10s, that type of thing. This one was review proof for me. I'm a geek like that. :P

[​IMG]

17. Walter Kittel

Walter Kittel Lead Actor

I always recommend watching them in order of release starting with Star Wars: A New Hope. Personally, I would have a difficult time starting with the prequels since I really dislike elements of The Phantom Menace (I do like some parts of the film but it is a roller-coaster for me - watching this title.)
    With any luck I will be seeing a Star Destroyer (in pursuit of an ambassadorial ship) streaking across the top of my front projector screen in about 2 hours. Not quite as exciting as opening day in the summer of 1977 - but it'll do.
    - Walter.

18. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Russ. The Phantom Menace has never looked better, an amazing job, all the grain has been scubbed away, but the detail is still there!

And the surround sound is incredible, they've really beefed it up, it will hurt your ears!

[​IMG]

19. Steve Christou

Steve Christou
    Walter, I watch the originals first too. 4-5-6-1-2-3. That's the way I like to watch them.

[​IMG]

20. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    Sounds good Steve! I can't wait! It's ridiculous up here!

Walter, I have to agree but for a different reason. Phantom Menace is the worst of the movies, no doubt, but I don;t hate it as much as others. The Pod race is cool, and that fight at the end... the Jar Jars fight things at the end right? I get them mixed up. Anyways, thinking about it, a bunch of the big wow moments in the original trilogy get ruined by the prequels. It's pretty obviouse that Lucas had no intentions of ever actually doing the prequels when you watch them all back to back. I think I'll go original tril, then prequel.

At deafening volumes! :D