What's new

Testing Next Forum Software Version - Seeking Volunteers (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi All,

We are getting ready to move to the latest build of our forum software in the next few weeks. I'm looking for volunteers who are willing to assist and give feedback.

If you're interested, please PM me. I'll send over instructions that you can use to access the site with your existing login info.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Just a note to the testers, I realized I had left the forum "closed" so many of you couldn't do anything. Please give it a try again.

A few points to note:
  1. This is a test forum, based on a copy of our database from September, so don't expect to see current posts/threads
  2. Please post here with any feedback/concerns

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just one thing I see right away was the “widen” option at the top.
It stretches or I stretches the text just slightly.
Not sure it changes it enough to matter.

on iPad I can see who the op is under the title of each topic in a main section of a forum.
Couldn’t see that before. But now the date of most recent post is not there.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Just one thing I see right away was the “widen” option at the top.
It stretches or I stretches the text just slightly.
Not sure it changes it enough to matter.

On larger monitors and screens it most certainly does. I love this feature and hope it makes it into the production release.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah I’m sure.
I only have a laptop besides the iPad and iPhone so I won’t see the benefits of that.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
There is snow falling but no Christmas lights in the banner.

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
I was hoping that the 'A Few Words About' section that appears as the first choice of the 'Reviews' list would be updated (as it used to be). RAH said it could be something to do with his reviews being emailed in, but as a section, its not too useful if its not going to be current..

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I was hoping that the 'A Few Words About' section that appears as the first choice of the 'Reviews' list would be updated (as it used to be). RAH said it could be something to do with his reviews being emailed in, but as a section, its not too useful if its not going to be current..
I think the confusion (mostly on our part) is there is a tag and a prefix tag (the red box with A Few Words About in it). In the forum you can click on the prefix tag to see them all, but the review link has the regular tag only in it. I'll talk to @Dave Upton about which we want to use going forward, in the meantime use this link: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/forums/blu-ray-and-uhd.88/?prefix_id[0]=7

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
If you're talking about not seeing the latest posts, the test site is based on an old copy of our database from September. Sorry if you were expecting current posts/content

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you're talking about not seeing the latest posts, the test site is based on an old copy of our database from September. Sorry if you were expecting current posts/content
Dave- the link under reviews is: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/tags/a-few-words-about/ relying on the "regular" tag. In the forum you can click on the prefix tag to find them. Some of the newer posts only have the prefix tag, not the regular tag so they aren't showing under reviews, but they are under the prefix tag link: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/forums/blu-ray-and-uhd.88/?prefix_id[0]=7

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dave- the link under reviews is: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/tags/a-few-words-about/ relying on the "regular" tag. In the forum you can click on the prefix tag to find them. Some of the newer posts only have the prefix tag, not the regular tag so they aren't showing under reviews, but they are under the prefix tag link: https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/forums/blu-ray-and-uhd.88/?prefix_id[0]=7
Thanks for clarifying. I assume that the behavior on the dev site is the same?

KeithDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Keith
Thanks for clarifying. I assume that the behavior on the dev site is the same?
Thanks for chasing this up - I knew the dev site would not be up to date, but hoped that this ‘glitch’ in how ‘A few words’ used to work could be sorted for the eventual new launch ...
Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks