daniel-day-lewis-lincoln1-600x371.jpg
– Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln – 2013)
mcclintock%20800x600.jpg
– McLintock – 1963
the-devil-and-miss-jones-robert-cummings-jean-arthur-1941.jpg
–The Devil and Miss Jones – 1941

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/5/A70-2842–FutureWorld – 1976

08hobe-600.jpg
–Charlie Chaplin & Mady Correll (Monsiur Verdoux – 1947)

hells_half_acre.jpg
–Hell's Half Acre – 1954

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
First off...I haven't noticed any problems with your posts. They still look pretty much the same to me (image wise).

The new software pretty much--in my estimation--posts images at their original size...UNLESS it's real big. Then it automatically reduces them to a certain maximum size. I would think that's what's happening with your Starbuck images.

Since my Weekly RoundUps are rather image intensive (and from a wide variety of sources) I have had to learn to do some image size tweaking myself.

Unfortunately, the only way to do that is by going in an editing the post in HTML source code format. My knowledge of HTML code is virtually nil...so I have always relied upon the kindness of strangers (namely HTF owners and members) to help me figure things out! :biggrin:

I am now going to include an image here:

The code which adds the picture has a part which looks like this:

which appears just AFTER the image source URL & close quotation marks and BEFORE the close paragraph tag. That sets the width of the image at 600 pixels. Make that number smaller and the image will be smaller. Here's the same image with that parameter set to 300 pixels.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Testing quote function. Typing into the quote box.
Pasting into the quote box.

Edit: The paste function into the quote box (Mac OS X, Safari) appears to not work, at least for me. Drops the text into the reply, after the quote form.

Next is a manual quote test

Manually specifying the quote tags work, just not the quote button / paste combination.

- Walter.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My guess: The images are showing up for you and not others because they are getting drawn from your browser cache, from your previous visit of the images when searching for them or getting their URLs. After I pulled the image URLs from the source code and visited the images at their location, I can now see them in the posts, but anyone who hasn't done that will not be able to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks