What's new

Test (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Pete York /t/161202/test/4950#post_3859011
Guess not.

I even spoilerized a quote.

The key is to select the text you want to spoilerize and then click the "spoiler" tag amongst the buttons above the text box. it looks like an all-black word balloon (just to the right of the quotation marks).

=======

What I did here was hit the "quote" button on your "guess not" post. Selected everything in my new text box and then clicked the spoiler button. Voila!

A dialog box will appear containing the selected words. Hit OK/Yes and it should work.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Mike. I swear I was using that exact sequence and protocol and it just was not happening. And I tried it in two different threads. Oh well, I was obviously doing something wrong but it's working for me now.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
a0c506b7_ockeghem2.jpeg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For another day, another thread:

I have never claimed to be an expert. And I certainly don't believe posting on an internet forum makes me any smarter about any given subject. I have attempted to make it clear that I am just trying to understand the difference philosophies concerning the treatment of video and audio in the world of high-definition.

I have been repeatedly asking questions about why lossless audio shouldn't be the standard for all Blu-ray audio presentations to ensure that the highest resolution audio is reaching the consumer in the best manner possible--whether they have a high-end system or not. And since close attention to video seems to be geared towards satisfying even those with the best of home gear, why wouldn't the audiophiles in the home market get the same consideration?

In RAH's last video example, the print was digitally manipulated before reaching the home viewer on a high-def format. I certainly see that such a protocol would be preferable rather than transferring a 480 image onto a 1080p disc so that the squibs weren't seen.

But it would thusly seem to me that in a similar vein, all audio inconsistencies would be cleaned up (in whatever manner seemed appropriate by those doing the work) so that they would best represent what the filmmakers would want us to hear and then presented on blu in a lossless format.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Afraid this content isn't nearly as interesting as Mike's latest posts.... Just testing the use of number lists.
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah
  • Blah

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks