What's new

Test (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dennis is just building up his resume to apply for a position with the US Chamber of Commerce...
Have a safe and happy holiday trip, Cees! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The problem being, that I'm more like packing several of these:
htf_imgcache_19865.jpeg
htf_imgcache_19866.jpeg
htf_imgcache_19867.jpeg

(the shirts, not the guy)
Normally, we take a direct flight (approx. 9 hours) to Miami (or Orlando), by MartinAir, but this time there wasn't any on Dec 20th having space, while I tried to book on Nov 20th already or so, and the previous day only extremely expensive ones (> $4000 pp), so I took the KLM flight via Detroit (14.5 hours).
Apparently many Europeans fly to the US for a shopping spree (the $ went down recently to the €), so the choice got limited already at an early stage.
Cees

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Ah this December is much milder than last year's, which was my first in Boise. It's presently 43 deg. F and raining steadily but without wind. Tonight's menu includes a fresh Dungeness crab ($3.50/lb) with mixed rice pilaf and the last of the cheap ($2/lb) asparagus. Lots of melted butter with fresh garlic and fresh rosemary from the garden. Rounded off with a nice Hogue Sav. Blanc ($5.40 after discounts at Fred Meyer). Who says you can't dine rich for $10 including the wine? :laugh:
htf_imgcache_19884.jpeg

htf_imgcache_19885.jpeg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tres elegant. :)
Turkey dinner for me tonight...with most (not all) of the trimmings! Yum!
And the carcass is on the stove already for soup! Yum, again!

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
:eek: Well it got down to -18 deg. F last night in Stanley ID. :brr: :cold: That's - 28 deg. C for Carribean Cruise Cees.
Coldest place in the lower 48 again. I take it you had a heat wave there in NY, Mike.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Brilliant cloudless skies and bone-dry pavements....I'm taking a long drive in the Miata today.
So, Mike, did you repair any local potholes today? :confused:

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well I finally got around to 'developing' my shots from the Tuesday drive.
htf_imgcache_21849.jpeg

htf_imgcache_21850.jpeg

These are two shots of the scenic agricultural bottomlands of the Snake River south of the town of Melba in Canyon county. The arid buttes in the foreground are in Canyon county: the Owhyee Mountains in the back are across the Snake River in Owyhee county.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
htf_imgcache_21912.jpeg

Wish me luck. I bought a big old chunk of horseradish root today. I ground some up and added balsamic vinegar - for serving with my roast beef tonight. Hopefully I shall survive this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks