What's new

Test Tones Question (1 Viewer)

Kevinkall

Second Unit
I'm in the process of setting up my speakers for a 6.1 setup and was wondering if I should use the test tones coming from the receiver or the Video Essentials test tones in order to setup my speakers? Is there a difference. I'm asking because the only way I can setup my speakers on my reveiver(KENWOOD 6070) is by going thru the test tones.

Also when setting up my sub will the BASS PEAK feature change any settings that I've made earlier?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Since you're REF Calibrating your 6.1 HT setup, use the Kenwood 6070 test tones @ 75 dB (RS Meter Dial = 70 / Weight = C / Speed = SLOW). Video Essentials only has 5.1 test tones.

FYI: Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up DVD has test tones for 6.1 & DTS.

Phil

Kevinkall

Second Unit
Thanks for info!

Sound & Vision HT Tune-Up DVD has test tones for 6.1 & DTS
I didn't know there was a different setup disc for DTS. Since my receiver can only save 1 set of levels(I'm guessing), should I even worry about the DTS levels. About 90% of the movies that I watch are in Dolby Digital with just a few DTS ones. I do want to get the best sound possible from the setup that I have. Is it worth it?

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
... should I even worry about the DTS levels. About 90% of the movies that I watch are in Dolby Digital with just a few DTS ones. I do want to get the best sound possible from the setup that I have. Is it worth it?
For the price, it's worth it!!

Sound&Vision goes for $14.99 @ Fry's Electronics or ... special low price of $17.95, shipping included to anywhere in the continental U.S., please call Ovation Software toll-free at 800-572-3917.

Since you only save 1 set of levels, then you can just check DTS REF Levels, and if the surround speakers levels are slightly different, then just write them down so you can change it when you do watch your DTS DVD's! Hopefully, the individual surround speakers are the same vs. Dolby Digitals.

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks