What's new

Test tone CD burning issue! Help! (1 Viewer)

Casey H

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,
I am banging my head on this one! Story is I downloaded test tones from Sonnie Parker's site Link Removed and successfully burned them to a cd with the track titles and file sizes listed etc. Well now I am trying to create my own tones and burn them but am having a very hard time with it. I have created tones in Sound Forge Studio verified they are 16bit 44.1 etc. but when I burn them to the CD I get no track title and no file sizes (the show as 0's).
If I put the CD in my computer drive it works OK (except for the title etc.) but when I put it in my DVD/CD at home it won't register the files or they play with no audio. The ones I burned of Sonnies play fine! I have cross checked his files with mine in Sound Forge and they are built the same way. I also should add my DVD/CD does support the CDRW's that I am using to do this! :angry:
Any ideas?
Thanks, Casey

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
make sure that the CD isn't formatted for NTFS. If you have an NTFS file structure it will only work on computers that have NTFS.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I didn't know you could put NTFS on a CD. All the data structures would have to be a waste for storing a mere 700 MB of data.

Are we talking about test tones as tracks on an audio CD or as WAV files on a data CD?

Casey H

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,

I am talking about wav files burned as an audio cd! Is that my problem? Should I burn it as a data cd?

Casey

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Stick with the audio CD, which makes all the NTFS stuff moot anyway.

Maybe the CD-RW disc has to be finalized before you can play it? What program are you using to burn the CD?

Casey H

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,

I have been finalizing them. I have used Nero and Roxio. Like I said the files I downed from Sonnie's site worked fine. I compared his and mine in Sound Forge and all looks the same, just that when I burn my files they show up as 0 bytes.

Casey

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
And the WAV files are 16-bit, 44.1k, stereo PCM? Nero and Roxio should be able to burn them to CD tracks in their sleep. I use Nero and I've done that, plus more elaborate things such as splitting a single 60 minute WAV file into individual track numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks