1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Test Drive tv spot

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveChrist, Jun 7, 2002.

1. SteveChrist

SteveChrist Extra

I saw a tv spot for the Test Drive game. At the end of the spot they show the Playstation 2 box (nice and big). However, at the beginning of the spot there's a note saying "xbox graphics shown". [​IMG] Yes...indeed, nice graphics! [​IMG]
    Interesting little hook.

2. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Ha, I was just venting about this to a buddy of mine! Yeah, I thought that was a nice touch. Show some glorious in-game footage with very small print saying "Xbox graphics shown", and then show a gigantic PS2 box at the end with even tinier writing proclaiming "Also available on Xbox".
    [​IMG]

3. Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil Supporting Actor

Gamers are usually pretty savvy folk.. I am sure that everyone noticed the fine print. I did.

4. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Yeah that is pretty messed up.
    Here is a side by side of Xbox vs. PS2.
    XBOX version:
    [​IMG]
    PS2 version:
    [​IMG]

5. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

That CANT be the PS2, that has to the PS1, otherwise no PS2 fanboy should EVER speak illy about the Xbox EVER again.

6. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

From what I've read, the two versions of this game are almost identical. The Xbox has just barely better graphics & framerate.

However, there is a tool for Xbox developers & reviewers that enables them to get better quality screenshots. Keep in mind that you can't judge either version from the screenshots you see.

7. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Those screenshots were from the Gamespot review so I can't varify them in anyway. My favorite comparison is from Wreckless which was built for the Xbox then ported to the PS2. The difference is night and day and really shows off how a game designed for the Xbox can look like compared to just a normal port.

I highly doubt that the PS2 version and Xbox version of test drive are nearly identical however.