What's new

Test CD for HT Audio Calibration (1 Viewer)

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, can someone recommend a Test CD that I can use for HT audio testing/calibration? Something that plays tones at 10Hz increments (starting as low as 10 Hz) and various other types of test tones that test other HT audio characteristics. I already have Video Essentials and Avia, but these don't appear to have the above . .

Thanks!

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
A few I've seen mentioned here and other places:
http://www.stryke.com/ - a recommendation from an old post
http://www.svsubwoofers.com/RScompchart.htm - from SVS to Autosound 2000
http://www.stereophile.com - has test cds
I don't know of any others, and don't even have one. I'm looking for one before I save enough money for an SVS. Hopefully someone else can give you some more information.
I also wanted to add to the question:
1. Is there anything like this that can be burned to a CD?
2. Are there any like this available in Canada and where?

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Duane,

You about read my mind, I'm planning on getting an SVS too, but can't make up my mind on whether powered or non-powered, 16-49 or the 20-39

Angel

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
i'm sure Tom V will be in here, but it basically depends on whether you want super low extention (like if you listen to pipe organ music alot) or want a few extra decibels up top. if youre the type that wants a little more 'umph' and doesnt care too much about those super-low, vision-blurring tones, get the 20-39. but if you want to 1) be absolutely sure you hear EVERYTHING encoded in virtually every DVD and 2) make cats puke with massive amounts of low bass, grab the 16-46.
either way, i'd recommend getting the passive (CS series) versions with the Samson S700 amp. that allows for easy and cheap-er upgrading to dual SVS. :)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
For subwoofer calibration (w. parametric EQ) you should be looking for something that will play bass in 1Hz increments (10Hz is to wide a gap). Search for "test CD" on Part's Express's website. I ended up getting one of the 'Bass Mechanic' discs along with various Stereophile recordings.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The Autosounds 2000 disc (don't have the link at the moment; it has been referred to before on HTF) has 1 Hz increments from 10 Hz to 98 Hz.

gomez_a

Stunt Coordinator
Javier,

mis padres son Espanoles (padre nacio en cuba hijo de espanoles de Santander y mi mama nacio en Santander).

Anyway's thanks to all for the input on test cd's!

Angel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks