Tes tones with BFD

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Joe Wong, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Joe Wong

Joe Wong Second Unit

Hi all,

I’m considering using a BFD to equalize my subs’ response. Looking at Snapbug’s excellent site, he provides test tones in MP3 format, or, thru a converter program, in WAV format.

Sorry if the following are basic questions…

My DVD player can play MP3, but I’ve never done so. If I burn the tones to a CD and play using the DVD player, would I need to connect the stereo analog outputs to my pre-pro (that is, the decoding is done by the DVD player)? How would the bass tones get routed to the subs? Through analog bass management?

Secondly, do CD players play WAV files as if they’re PCM (in which case I can then use the digital bass management to route the tones to the subs)?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Joe

2. Robb Roy

Robb Roy Supporting Actor

Joe,

You want to play the tones (in whatever format) such that your subwoofer reproduces them. By the time any signal hits your subwoofer out, the BFD won't care if it's digital or analog from the original source. Feel free to record either format, and play them.

-Robb

3. PaulDA

PaulDA Cinematographer

Paul
    WAV files are the format of standard CD tracks so any CD player that can play CD-Rs can play WAV files.