TerryC's BFD w/PC post

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by BruceD, Jun 22, 2001.

1. BruceD

BruceD Screenwriter

Can anybody repost whatever the thread was by TerryC about using the PC with the BFD 1100 Pro and BFD 1100 editor software?
    The reference to it in a previous post doesn't work so I guess it was lost in the transition or just deleted.
    We should achive this in the HW section.
    Thanks,
    BruceD

2. TerryC

TerryC Stunt Coordinator

Hi Bruce,
    Let me know what you need to know or how far you've gotten.

3. BruceD

BruceD Screenwriter

Terry,
    Thanks. The BFD was shipped on Friday, and DAX sent me the correct software last night. I downloaded the manual from Behringer's website, so I guess it will be a week or two before I can say what I don't know. As soon as the hardware gets here I will go shopping for the MIDI control cable.
    -Can the MIDI cable typically be used with a notebook PC?
    -What are the type of connectors on the MIDI cable for the PC side of the connection? (1/4" mono or stereo mini-phoneplug?)
    -Do you have the Radio Shack part number or some other part number for a cable that already works?
    Expect to hear from me in a week or so.
    BruceD

4. TerryC

TerryC Stunt Coordinator

"Can the MIDI cable typically be used with a notebook PC?"
    Not sure, you need a Joystick port that emulates the Midi UART(or something),my sound blaster live has this along with many other cards.
    "-What are the type of connectors on the MIDI cable for the PC side of the connection? (1/4" mono or stereo mini-phoneplug?)"
    15 Pin joystick
    "-Do you have the Radio Shack part number or some other part number for a cable that already works?"
    I used a cable from CompUSA that was $19.99. Its located in the MIDI software section. Its called the "Midi Cable Pack" and is from Voyetra.
    "Expect to hear from me in a week or so."
    No problem glad happy to help.