What's new

Terry Gilliam LOST IN LA MANCHA (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
With or without Rene Cleitman? The footage of him in the documentary looked awful, his French accent so thick I couldn't understand his English. And he was supposed to be a Spaniard! I hope Gilliam comes to his senses and hires John Neville instead...

Oh, and Lost in La Mancha is supposed to play at the Toronto Film Festival (or was it Telluride?) before its general release in the USA.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Bumped
more on Don Quixote http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/grimm1.php
Gilliam: Well I mean, the only thing is if we can get this script out of this legal morass, it'll be the next one I do. I really do want to do it, no I want to do it, and the script is too good. Because what we did, again, it's like 'the Brothers Grimm,' we're not doing 'Don Quixote,' it's 'the Man Who Killed Don Quixote' so we take the bits I want out of Cervantes' work, rather than be caught in terrible situation, I mean, that's what's been difficult when we made 'Fear and Loathing' and even with 'Tideland,' there's a book that exists, somebody wrote it, and I've got to be true to that book, and the weight of that makes me crazy when I'm working on it. I do it because I love the book, but then I begin to hate the book, I hate the writer, and all of it's because I've got to be true to what they've done. And so Cervantes, we wrote something that incorporates Quixote into a story we're telling, and so I can write in a sense what I think Cervantes might have written if he was alive now, without the worry of whether he would or wouldn't, so trying to stay true to the heart of the piece without having to be pedantic about it.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the success of "The Brothers Grimm" will either slow or speed up seeing Gilliam's "Don Quixote". I hope its a huge success.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks