terrorist attack patterns

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Keefe, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Dan Keefe

Dan Keefe Second Unit

My buddy and i were talking about all the crap going on lately and we got talking about another attack. We talked about the possibility of 9/11 again. But he brought up an interesting tidbit. The USS Cole was bombed on October 12, The World Trade Center was September 11.

10/12, 9/11...we got to thinking maybe there is a pattern starting to emerge... we think 8/10 is a possibility.
    Merely a coincidence? what do you guys think?

dan

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

What about the rest of the bombings? Like the one in Algeria (or was it Sudan? Darnit there are so many of them!).

You can't really count the bombing of the marine barracks in Beirut back in 1984 though...that was an attack by one of the militia groups who were fighting the Phalangist "militia" that the United States was allied with at the time.

There's also 11/13, 12/14, 7/9 (oops missed that one!), etc.

3. Peter McDonald

Peter McDonald Stunt Coordinator

I think it's just a coincidence. There are only two dates in your pattern, I don't think that's much of a pattern [​IMG]
    Peter
    EDIT: Also, wouldn't you have to put the other Al Quada (sp?) attacks into your pattern, to see if it works? Such as the embassy bombings. I don't think it's that hard to come up with a pattern if you selectively choose which dates to be included...

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I can't comment on any type of pattern, but all I can say is we're about 2 months away from the 1 year anniversary and I for one am absolutly dreading 9/11. Even if nothing happens, the memories of the nightmare that I experienced that day last year will be refreshed in my mind again.

What i'll probably do is call off work that day, stay up all night the night of the 10th, and sleep 9/11 away. When I wake up, I would have missed that horrible day.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

man I can't believe it's been nearly a year

6. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

*Sigh*...I just commented to a couple friends while on the PATH train last night: I know emotions will be extremely tense around and on that day this year.
    (Off-topic)
    It seems like the year from that day has flown by so rapidly. I can't think of too many events in my life where nearly every moment of the day is etched so sharply in my memory, but 9/11, for good and for bad, is one of them. It all started with a last-minute post to this thread, which caused me to miss my train, which in turn caused me to drive to Manhattan instead, and which led me to witness the things I wish I hadn't. Sure wish I could have had Roger Clemens' 20th attempted win that day be the lasting memory of 9/11. Instead, it was not to be. *Sigh*...

7. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

I know I'll never forget the occurrences that happened on 9/11, and I know the story will be told for many generations, much like Pearl Harbor. It will be a sad day come 9/11.

8. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

9. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

i think we're underestimating the terrorists intellect by saying they attack in a pattern

10. Peter McDonald

Peter McDonald Stunt Coordinator

Good point Jason. I don't see the terrorists saying "so, we're going to attack them every third tuesday of every other month"

Peter