What's new

Terror Train and more horrors coming from Fox (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This great news comes from DVDFile:

Just announced from Fox Home Entertainment is the studios September 7th lineup of scary movies, just in time for Halloween. Making their DVD debuts are first-ever widescreen releases of such gems as The Alligator People, The Boston Strangler, Island of the Dead, Reign in Darkness, the Marlee Matlin thriller Hear No Evil, Blood Moon, Creepy Crawlers, Basket Case: The Progeny, the 1996 remake of The Vanishing, and the last remaining Jamie Lee Curtis slasher flick not yet released on DVD, Terror Train. All are presented in their original aspect ratios and anamorphically encoded if applicable, and feature trailers. Retail is $14.95 a pop.

Terror Train is definitely one of my favorite slashers, and its about time it got announced for release! Extras would've been cool, but I'm definitely picking it up, and at least they include the trailer unlike Paramount. Definitely looking forward to checking out some of these other titles too.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I've been holding out on buying the R2 versions of TERROR TRAIN so this is certainly good news. As a horror fan I'm a bit shy to say I've never seen the film.

I'm certainly very happy about THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE with Lon Chaney, Jr. in one of his "best" roles. THE BOSTON STRANGLER is another buy.

Hopefully Fox will release some more of their classic horror films next year like CRY OF THE WEREWOLF and CHANDU THE MAGICIAN.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I've been waiting for Terror Train for awhile now too...good to hear it's finally getting released. It also has an appearence by David Copperfield playing, and this is a real stretch, a magician. :D

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Can't believe it! Not to sound like an ingrate, but how can Fox have yet again overlooked THE INNOCENTS, almost inarguably the best and scariest film remaining unreleased in their catalog, for yet another Halloween? Mr. Staddon? Perhaps this long-awaited title will show up in the Studio Classics line soon?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Happy to see The Boston Strangler & The Alligator People coming out on DVD.

Still not sure why Fox hasn't released The Innocents yet on DVD. Also hoping that they'll release The Other one day too.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Good news. Terror Train was released in Britain this year by Anchor Bay, but was 1.33:1 and seemed to be cropped on the sides, so I and many others passed on it.

I can't believe that The Innocents has been overlooked yet again by Fox! Come on, guys! [wink]

And still no region 1 edition of The Entity! The rest of the world has had it for years now!

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
THE BOSTON STRANGLER and THE ALLIGATOR PEOPLE will be mine! Thanks, Fox! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Please include THE INNOCENTS as a "Studio Classics" title in the near future; the film certainly deserves the deluxe treatment on DVD.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
the innocents.

Was that the one with the 2 kids in the old mansion, and the new woman who comes to take care of them... but weird things happen?

I remember enjoying this, if it's the movie I'm thinking of. Reminded me of The OTHERS, only better... ;)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member

Yep, that's The Innocents. I'm dying to have it on DVD as well, but I'm pleased that Fox is finally putting out Terror Train and actually has a decent horror lineup this year, unlike last year. Hopefully it'll hit DVD soon. I also desperately want Night of the Comet, After Midnight and The Other. I already have the R2 DVD of The Entity, and am very pleased with it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Terror Train way cool!

That's the film with Terry Savalas and the white
eyeballs?

What a classic horror film!

Will K

Screenwriter
Actually, Ron, that was Horror Express from 1972. That one actually is available from Image and some other lower-quality labels. Terror Train is a so-so post-Halloween Jamie Lee Curtis slasher.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
So, I get a call from a friend who works at Best Buy...neither Terror Train, nor The Funhouse are there.

I've read elsewhere that other Best Buys aren't carrying them.

What gives, Fox? You can't sell DVDs unless you stock them in stores! :angry:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

If it were up to Fox, I'm sure they'd be in every store in the country. It's up to Best Buy whether or not they order/stock them, not Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks