What's new

Terrel Owens and a sharpie? (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Have any of you guys that think this is wrong ever played sports?
Never at the collegiate level, but other than that I played plenty. I also coached Little League for 5 years (including a couple All-Star teams).
And the first thing I thought of was somebody trying this at Sunday softball. Right there this action would get a fist in your face, easily. And that's just recreational. Talking trash is one thing, but you have to know the limits. TO has never even been below them.
Look, it is competition, but you can be a GENTLEMAN or a cock. TO is a full-on dick when it comes to sportsmanship.
How about he signs the thing LATER. I mean he KNOWS THE GUY, why did it have to be signed THEN? Only one reason, to show someone up. That's cheap.
There used to be a time when a guy acted like he had been to the end zone before (ahem, Payton for one) but now we have so many punks in the league that every other tackle, sack, or first down is the chance to show that you are the greatest ever.
I wouldn't want TO on my team for anything and I mean that sincerely. Who wants to root for that crap? Its funny but I never see Marvin Harrison in Peyton's face...ever. LOTS of players are good, some are just better at it than others.
I think TO is headed for some serious pain in the future. If guys are taking helmet shots at players who don't act like punks, just imagine the spearing coming TOs way (or god help the bastard if he ends up on the bottom of a pile).
TO, Moss, and Keyshawn have to be 3 of the most spoiled baby players of all time. They also have a bunch of SB rings...er... :)
Bring back Swann, bring back Kellen Winslow (can you imagine Moss putting in the effort that Kellen did in that playoff game against the Dolphins).

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
By the way, maybe next time he can pull out a cell phone and call his stockbroker from the end zone.

This guy desperately needs to play a few games across from Night Train Lane or Dick Butkis.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint

This is neither honorable nor sportsmanlike. If a player must make their opponent look bad to make them look good, they don't deserve to play, no matter how good they are, or think they are.

I remember when I was a kid and sports were played for fun (players got paid, but nothing like the rediculous whiny-baby salaries being paid today) and there was honor and respect among players. Even when I played baseball and soccor and my brother was playing football in high school, if you just had to taunt or upstage another player or do a little dance, spike the ball, turn cartwheels, etc... after you made a touchdown, scored a goal, hit a homerun, etc... you were suspended for at least 3 games for unsportsmaklike conduct. In our schools, we were taught to not only play well, but to still be humble and respect the other players. If you wanted to show you ass, you didn't play.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Pardon the cliche, but Owens epitomizes what is wrong with professional sports today. What a loser. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
You know what was hilarious tonight, in the Calgary/Winnipeg CFL game, there was a pass to the end zone that was initially called an interception and the Dback pulled an Owens and signed the ball... but guess what the refs convened and ruled the play a simultaneous catch which goes to the offense so it turned out to be a touchdown and not an interception.

He was a dumbass for doing it in the first place... so whats the word for a dumbass who makes a dumbass out of himself?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Part of competing is to make your opponent look bad.
Yes, because nothing makes a winner look better than if he beats a worthless loser opponent.
That's why I'm so admired around the neighborhood for my staggering 79-0 boxing record against 7 year olds.
And often after I kick their ass I dance over them and spit on them, just to make them look even worse. I'm #1. :rolleyes
Remember when Rose plowed Fosse in the All-Star Game? Remember how he taunted him, danced around in glory, and shoved his ass in his face? No? I wonder why. Real tough guys don't need to gloat, they just do it. They win and figure "nuff said".
Pre-game trash talk is one thing, but once the game goes down you are supposed to show some respect. If you can't respect your opponent than how can anybody else? And if no one respects your opponent then who cares that you beat them?

DonnyD

Screenwriter
The Owens incident is just another in a sting of ongoing "look at me" type individuals ruining sports. I certainly agree with the league in trying eliminate this problem but some individuals keep inventing ways to get attention.
I have stopped watching pro sports because of the many "look at me" attitudes being displayed so often. Of course, Owens is now hollering that whites are trying to suppress black individualism. To me, whether it is a black or white thing, there still remains a sport that is suffering because the word "team" does not apply to all players.
As long as persons like Owens can get this kind of attention and rile up the officials, he will definitely keep doing it. He just does not have the mentality nor the subtlety to do anything else.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Part of competing is to make your opponent look bad.
Whatever happened to sportsmanship? As others have stated in this thread, the truly great players have no need to exhibit such behavior. Players like Walter Payton and Jerry Rice are prime examples. They let their actions on the field speak for themselves.

Owens and Moss are children in adult bodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks