What's new

Terminator Genisys (2015) (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Im not going in expecting Terminator 2. I am going in expecting it to be a fairly entertaining riff on Cameron's films. But I still think it will do reasonable business. Most of the internet fans seem against it but then they rarely make a movie successful or not. I suspect the brand name will get it a reasonable weekend in the 60 mill bracket

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
RobertR said:
Looks like the producers said, "hey since we have no ideas ourselves, let's throw in the stuff from the other movies and stir it around a bit and make a movie from that".
hahahaha probably true Robert! But I'm going regardless. :) I do enjoy Ahnuld on the big screen.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I've mentioned before that I'm a big Cameron fan, and honestly, his endorsement does carry some weight for me. I'm still skeptical, and will not be seeing this in theaters, but perhaps I'll make a bigger effort to check this out as a rental at some point down the line.

If nothing else, it will give me an excuse to re-watch 1 and 2 before checking this one out.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
When they were released, he said positive stuff about 3 and 4.

I love Jim and all of his movies, but his endorsement means jack to me. He may just be trying to help his friend Arnold, which is perfectly fine. But I'm not going to spend a dime on this film unless the general public response is enthusiastically good.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've got my opening night tickets. I was more than a little annoyed that the latest trailer and poster seem so spoiler heavy (which I tried to avoid, but in the end, just wasn't able to - despite best efforts to show up late to Avengers and Mad Max to miss the trailer, it played anyway), but I'm hoping at least that it's something revealed earlier in the movie, the way that we find out Arnold is the good guy in T2 pretty early on.

I really enjoyed "The Sarah Conner Chronicles" TV show and compared to that, movies 3 and 4 were somewhat disappointing. I guess it's fair to say that while I'm not expecting much, I'm still very much hoping to wrong about my low expectations.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I was there before Cameron's endorsement. Nice to have but fo me, irrelevant.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Could turn out to be a total turd but right now I'm digging it. Terminator Genisys Movie - The Guardian Featurette

Hobbes! :lol:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well I've loved them all...Well didn't really LOVE Salvation. Although I missed in theaters. Saw at home. I'm definitely intrigued and won't make any apologizes for it hehehehe ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Lou Sytsma said:
My money for that honor [major bomb of summer] is on Jurassic World.
Well, it's not "Jurassic World". Any bets for a $200M domestic open for "Terminator"? :)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Malcolm R said:
Well, it's not "Jurassic World". Any bets for a $200M domestic open for "Terminator"? :)
Hey after the surprise BO for Jurassic World anything is possible. ;)

I'm stunned at JWs success but it's great to see so many movie goers walk away happy. :cool: Fingers crossed the same will hold true for Terminator.

PS - I still stand by my opinion that the trailers for JW were terrible.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
"Hey after the surprise BO for Jurassic World anything is possible. ;)"

I think you were the only one surprised Lou[emoji12]

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't see why anyone would expect low Bo the first week. Isn't this series a proven money maker.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Tino said:
"Hey after the surprise BO for Jurassic World anything is possible. ;)"

I think you were the only one surprised Lou[emoji12]
Touche! But no one predicted this movie would best Avengers 2 for BO supremacy. :P In hindsight, a dinosaur movie is a very good alternative summer popcorn movie to all the superhero movies being released.

This sets a very interesting BO stage for The Force Awakens. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks