What's new

Terminator Genisys (2015) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So much dubstep.

That's an interesting twist, though possibly the only idea left to explore after all that has been done.

My impression is that Skynet, seeing no end to the conflict, decided to take a cue from the Borg and opted for assimilation rather than eradication.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
One point I need to correct. C2, the company that made Terminator 3, literally was Carolco under a different name.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It seems like the spoilage is an attempt to drum up interest in a film that's frankly been struggling to make its case for existence. I can see this making people at least think twice before writing it off, though whether it actually gets butts in seats remains to be seen.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
dMi29de.gif

I don't know why, but this is the only franchise that can successfully eat its own tail for me. I love that it devolved into a convoluted mess. I love that it's just the same ten things over and over again repurposed or restaged or remixed. It's like all these poor Terminator characters are stuck in this real-life, 30-year-long storytelling hell that can't stop no matter what they do. With all these timey-wimey plot twists, I'm thinking Matt Smith might be the only one who really knows what's up.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Also, just once, I'd love to actually see a movie-fight on the Richmond or the Bay bridge. The Golden Gate is so done. Hell, at this point, I'd settle for a slapfight on the Dunbarton. Maybe even a slightly harsh word between friends on the San Mateo bridge.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The thing from those trailers is that, however bad the film itself might be, Emilia Clarke makes a great Sarah Connor. It's amazing how much her American accent for this movie sounds like the young Linda Hamilton from the original Terminator.

Which makes it all the more perplexing that they made such a bad misfire casting Jai Courtney as Kyle Reese. I swear, he must have direct laundry on every studio executive in town to keep getting hired. And he looks nothing like Michael Biehn. Terminator Salvation was a disaster, but at least you believed that Anton Yelchin could grow up into Michael Biehn.

I wonder if Clarke and Lena Headey ever talk about the trials and tribulations of being Sarah Connor when they're hanging out on publicity tours and the like.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The reports seem to suggest that this twist is fairly early on in the movie similar to the reveal in T2 that Arnie was playing a protector (and pretty much everyone knew that going in )

Im on board with this if only because Id like to see a new take on this. The trailers haven't sold me on it yet but they haven't put me off either.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
The more I see, the less I like. James Cameron must be turning over in the grave he's not occupying yet.

Now available in select grocery stores on VHS!

Terminator 5: The Return of Jafar

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
It's a terribly generic poster but then if you have been avoiding the trailer up to now, there isn't a need anymore once you see that poster :) (assuming you know who Clarke is playing)

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Not sure about this new Terminator movie coming up but I will most likely see it in the theater anyway. I think I would have been happier if they would have continued with the time line and continued the war against the machines. Even if they threw a twist in it it should have at least started off from the last movie IMHO. I hope the movie hits video in 4K and ether Dolby Atmos or DTS-X as long as it is a good movie otherwise it will be a bad movie in 4K.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I watch a decent amount of GoT and I don't recall Emilia being quite so busty.

This also comes out on my birthday, so this is officially the worst birthday I've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks