Terminator "Extreme" & "Ultimate" Edition Questions

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Cory H., Sep 2, 2005.

1. Cory H.

Cory H. Stunt Coordinator

On the T2 "Ultimate" Edition, how can I access the 156 minute Extended version? Also, how do I go about accessing the restored, 139 minute Theatrical version (Not the WMP HD PC version) on the newer "Extreme" Artisan release?

This is driving me up the wall.

2. Cory H.

Figured it out, thanks anyway!

3. Sam Davatchi

Sam Davatchi Producer

And to keep you busy, there is a third version of the movie on the DVD. No kidding! Try to find it! [​IMG]

4. Dale MA

Dale MA Screenwriter

Dale
    Hey, I wouldn't mind knowing how to access the extended version, I've had the DVD for a while now & I still can't figure it out!

What's the third version of the movie then?

5. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

From DVDProfiler of the T2 Ultimate Edition:

6. Cory H.

On the "Ultimate Edition", you can select Title 2 on your remote, and it'll pick up the Extended Special Edition. The alternate ending is INSANE. It shows Sarah Connor as a grandmother, with John's daughter on a playground, with a voice over, as if Judgment Day never happened.
    [​IMG]

Also, on the "Extreme Edition", the 2003 DVD release, you can access the HD Thetrical Version of T2 by arrowing over to the right a couple of times from one of the Bonus Menu's. Forgot which, sorry, I did it last night, and it worked.

I initially bought the old 2 disc "Ultimate" Edition to have the Theatrical edition on DVD, once I found that that it wasn't included on the "Extreme" edition. Now, I've got T2 on 2 DVD sets, 5 times over...and I couldn't be happier, because I was able to score both, both with the metal slip cases, fo $5.99 a piece. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Well, it's good to have both releases. I only paid $20 to have both the Ultimate and Extreme editions. The Ultimate Edition is needed for the supplements, while the Extreme Edition is one of the most perfect video images I've seen. Also, the EE's commentary, interactive mode, and text annotation are terrific. Watching T2 with the audio commentary and interactive mode is fun. [​IMG]

8. Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky Second Unit

i never liked the extras on the ue. the 3 30 min docs, are all promotional crapolla, and everything else is reading material that will take you forever to get through (with a few video clips here and there.

9. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Stunt Coordinator

Ultimate for the DTS track ! One of the best ive heard. Pity the picture is pretty poor.

10. Don Solosan

Don Solosan Supporting Actor

This is weird. I have the Ultimate Edition, and never knew about the alternate ending for the extended cut. I just tried it in both my computer and my DVD player, and I don't get the Roman numerals mentioned above. And when I try to access it by "title," I get an invalid command message.

11. jim.vaccaro

jim.vaccaro Second Unit

Yup, that's it Corey H.

12. John*D

John*D Second Unit

I use to have the Metal T2 ultimate set, it was my first DVD. [​IMG]

However, later on I got rid of it for the cardboard slipcase version of Ultimate T2.

WHY? It's 2 seperate discs, rather than a double-sided disc which the metal version is. I don't like DS discs, plus mine was really scratchy...

13. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    How do you like that! I never new about the theatrical cut being available on the Extreme dvd edition!

Thanks, fella's, that's always bothered me that it wasn't included and it was there the whole time LOL!

Ah, the wonder that is easter egg's, sometimes they reveal true treasures. [​IMG]

14. AlexF

AlexF Supporting Actor

Alex

Ah, you lucked into getting the wrong metal case then. Poor sap. I lucked into the two disc version of the UE in the metal case. [​IMG]

15. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    I have the double sided one in the metal case but couldn't care less, i'm pretty much finished with all of the content on side two anyway, nothing more to see or read, so it hardly matters. [​IMG]

16. Cory H.

I guess "T2" is the forefather of the double dip! Ultimate: Metal case, 2 sided. Metal case, 2 disc. Cardboard slip, 2 disc. Extreme: Metal case, 2 disc. Cardboard slip, 2 disc.

I leave out any of the incarnations? :b

17. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Actually, Cory, you did, the original T2 dvd that preceeded the UE. [​IMG]

18. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Does that really qualify as a double-dip? I thought that originally, there was an option to have the DVD-18 or the 2x DVD-9 editions, both in a metal slipcover. Once the metal cases were exhausted, there were cardboard slipcovers.

Same thing happened with the Extreme Edition. I don't see why this would be a double-dip, with only packaging changing (at least for each edition, not the two releases).

19. Porfirio

Porfirio Second Unit

T2: UE was originally supposed to be on DVD-18, but due to some technical issues/time constraints (I can't remember exactly) before release, Artisan turned it into a 2-disc set.

20. Leon Liew

Leon Liew Stunt Coordinator

Have got the T2 Ultimate Edition in tin slipcase and DVD 18
    version. Am happy with it and did not double dip on the Extreme version.God knows what other versions are coming
    out and its gross!