What's new

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how the liquid metal CG looks worse than the 1991 liquid metal CG.

I'm guessing that something happened to John Connor, and now Natalia Reyes's character is the mother for humanity's new messiah.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think this looks like it could be decent, and I’ll definitely go see it in the theater (unlike Genesys).

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The CG guy looked bad and computer game quality when he is jumping in the air.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I rewatched Genisys last night and I didn’t hate it.

I think the premise is great and the first 50 minutes (in the future and then in 1984) are pretty good. But once it gets to the “present day” portion with them trying to stop a computer program from being released, it ends up feeling very conventional and very “been there, done that” in terms of familiar sci-fi tropes. I appreciated that they were willing to throw out so much of the canon to strike out in a new direction. I just wish that new direction had been better navigated. Jai Courtney is still miscast but not as bad as I remember. And I still like Arnie in these movies. It’s a forgettable film but perhaps not the crime against humanity it was initially received as.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
terminator-dark-fate-excl.jpg

click!

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Always difficult to remain neutral about a movie when one is such a massive fan of the original.
I was 13 when it came out and my dad took me to the theatre. I was just enthralled with it. Such a great memory.
I had a friend in high school that was also a huge fan and we would try and stump each other with trivia from the move. Funny how much I still recall. The badge number of the cop that reports Kyle and Sarah speeding away? 1L-19. Name of the gun store the Terminator steals his guns from? The Alamo. Casting? Stanzi Stokes. etc. etc.
I don't recall how many times I watched it, but it is by far the most of any movie I have seen. Must be well over 50 times.
Yes, T2 was a generational leap in movie making and was amazing. I still prefer the first for its raw, gritty action and the invention of the "tech noir" genre (also the name of the club that gets shot up in the first movie...more trivia).
I have watched all of the films and TV shows since and always found something of interest in them. None have come close to the first two and I don't expect much of this new one. I will watch this new film and who knows, maybe I will be surprised.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don’t want to re-read the entire thread. The very first post says all movies after the first two are ignored. Of course that version was called off? Do we know the basic plot premise of this movie. I could live with a re-boot started after Judgement Day.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I don’t want to re-read the entire thread. The very first post says all movies after the first two are ignored. Of course that version was called off? Do we know the basic plot premise of this movie. I could live with a re-boot started after Judgement Day.
That's still the plan. They are disregarding everything after T2 and the new film is more of a direct sequel to T2. Here's an article where Cameron himself gives a sense of it:
http://www.darkhorizons.com/james-cameron-explains-new-terminator-tone/

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Why not let this storied franchise fade away with a modicum of its dignity intact. There are already too many disjointed incarnations out there and the principals [even Linda] are far past their primes.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Every time I see the trailer, I don't get excited. It's nice to see Linda Hamilton and Arnie at it again since they are from the original...and Furlong back was a surprise. I'm just not sure about this after three less than great sequels. Thankfully, all that stuff is being jettisoned, but still.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks